CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the replacement rear shock made by YSS? It has adjustable length, rebound and compression damping and lists for 350 euros. I have a friend who put one on a Royal Enfield Interceptor and loves it. The company is out of Thailand.
Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes. I have a YSS Shock and I believe Jon Kronstadt does as well. The specific one I have is MZ456-300-TRL-48. It does preload, and rebound dampening only. A link to the YSS Thailand website: (สินค้า ). I am unsure if they have a model with gas compression adjustment for the CTX700. Their website just lists: MZ456-300-TRL-48 for the CTX. I ended up buying it from EPM Performance Imports out Manalapan, NJ. I had to specifically ask them to import. With shipping and customs it was about $450. The install wasn't too hard - fit right in. Hardest part was getting some of the OEM torqued bolts off....

·
Registered
143 Posts
I switched mine, couldn't be happier. Finally feels like I have a suspension in the rear. Great to have re-bound dampening so bumps don’t send me flying off the seat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks!
How do you like it? I am about 225 lbs all geared up.
Sorry about late reply... Not always on. I am more like 170-175lbs geared up due to my CoVid beer diet. I found like "Philipintexas" the ride is improved. As Philip noted its not as bouncy over bumps. That said if you see a large frost heave or bump, its still best to stand up a little on the pegs or floorboards. I did need to adjust / ride, adjust / ride, adjust / ride, to get it dialed in to my liking. Be careful not to bend the little adjustment rod they supply for adjusting the preload. I adjusted it once without unloading / unweighting the rear suspension while out on the road testing. While you can get sufficient leverage to adjust the shock on the road, the force is sufficient to start bending the rod. Not a big deal, but just something to be aware of.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh if you order a YSS shock, make sure to give the company you are buying it from your weight. They will then pair the shock up with a spring appropriate for your weight.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd like to add a small piece of info on the YSS shock... There is a hidden set-screw in the spring adjusting ring. You need a small allen wrench to loosen it. When you install the shock, keep that screw positioned where you can access it to make it easier to change shock pre-load after installation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts