Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
That is going to be an expensive machine approx $16600 US
"Expensive" is always relational.

I've been looking at a new R1250RT the "Base" model was $18,645. Expensive? Not yet.
Add $5150 for the Select package. Now it's up to $23795.
Wait...
Billet Pack $1900
Sport Wheels $995
Top case $1458 (and you thought Shad was expensive!)
Liner for Top case $111
Top case light $287
Side Case Liners $350
LED Driving Lights $881 (all of a sudden the Denali's look reasonable)
Comfort Windshield $366
Heated Seat $682
iPhone Cable $90
Navigation system $949

So, … Now I'm up to "only" $30,825 and thinking... my buddy Tom spent over $35,000 on his new Harley. And, he didn't get the top model.

So, what's really expensive?

Expensive is getting something that's more money than you should be spending. No matter what it is, or what it costs. Inexpensive is buying something, and paying for it in cash out of "disposable income", no matter what it is, or what it costs.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Just like the Africa Twin coming out a couple years ago, it has no relevance here. You all ogled and awed about it for a dozen threads just like you are now with this one, but really who bought one here, MAYBE one or two of you? Most of you already found your bike, the CTX700, that is why you are here. It is in a very different class and budget to the others. None, either the Twin nor the NT will ever be in. You are comparing Toyota Corolla's to Toyota Avalon's with the NT and the Toyota Land Cruiser with the Twin.

@Daddy Dave it is all "Relative".

·
Registered
520 Posts
This is the bike I've been longing for. The original was called the "Dull" Ville for a reason. Very uninspiring motor. This one should be both fun and functional.

Pay no attention to the picture. It's a very bad photo shop of a bunch of bikes hacked together. Everything is speculation, including price.

Even if it is 16K MSRP you can find bikes like this for much cheaper. How much did Rebel pay for his VFR1200X? Wasn't it like 8K?

Just don't buy it first year. Wait a bit and pick it up for cheap. Americans only buy cosplay bikes. These should be collecting dust in dealerships ready for one of us to buy at a deep discount.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just don't buy it first year. Wait a bit and pick it up for cheap. Americans only buy cosplay bikes. These should be collecting dust in dealerships ready for one of us to buy at a deep discount.
So then, when we buy them at a "deep discount" after collecting dust we will all sit around complaining when they go out of production.
Why? Because they weren't selling.
Oh, wait-we've already done that

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's nothing wrong with this bike, has the dct and a shaft drive. No other has that combo. If it comes I'll most likely buy one. The original NT fit me really well, but it didn't have the dct.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just like the Africa Twin coming out a couple years ago, it has no relevance here. You all ogled and awed about it for a dozen threads just like you are now with this one, but really who bought one here, MAYBE one or two of you? Most of you already found your bike, the CTX700, that is why you are here. It is in a very different class and budget to the others. None, either the Twin nor the NT will ever be in. You are comparing Toyota Corolla's to Toyota Avalon's with the NT and the Toyota Land Cruiser with the Twin.

Yeah. Like the ctx was never in either. I love the ctx, but this has alot of features I'd like that the C doesn't.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Pay no attention to the picture. It's a very bad photo shop of a bunch of bikes hacked together. Everything is speculation, including price.
Well, good, and I hope so, because this thing looks like it came from out the 90’s. I’m sorry, but Honda borderline has 1-2 decent looking bikes, let alone Being frugal on the features.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts

You're right... late night brain farts. I need to shut this box off earlier, and get some decent sleep.
And the Toyota reference is what I always used for the CTX Sometimes a Corolla, sometimes a Camry. Either way, it's just a grocery getter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There's nothing wrong with this bike, has the dct and a shaft drive. No other has that combo. If it comes I'll most likely buy one. The original NT fit me really well, but it didn't have the dct.
As a former NT owner I found that motorcycle to be a pleasure to ride and there are days I would like to have it back, but it was not a bike that my wife found comfortable to ride with me as we could never find a comfortable medium for her feet. If the budget had allowed it would be sitting beside the CTX in our garage.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I am not so sure it's a rumor. I read that it will be released again, but the design as stated seems to be different enough to not be a big seller (ie DNO1) and the price for a Honda is well up there. Again, sadly, the seat height removes some of us short in-seamed riders from the equation.

·
Registered
135 Posts
28" inseam here. Getting both feet down is nice, but very much a luxury.

Also, they always quote seat height as unsprung. Once you're on it, it'll settle and as the suspension breaks in, it'll drop a bit more. Or you'll get used to it. Either way, you should sit on one before you write it off.

For example, this summer I test rode a super tenere (demo days) which is labeled as 845 mm, and I found it to be not bad at all. I could just tippy toe it with both feet on the flat, and could flat foot one side with a modest butt-scootch to one side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts