CTX 700 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
one last pic with my bike lighting up the back half of my garage...

Discussion starter · #22 ·
no replies? christ, I was banging around my neighborhood at 2am to get these pictures. :)

Sorry. the pics are awesome and the light looks really bright. Posting in the early AM is kinda a dead zone for most because the site automatically kicks it back and marks it as being posted as yesterday when you click for new posts. I think most people just viewed the last pic and went on not realizing there were many more. That's what I did.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Glad there is some interest out there. Not only does the HID get you seen, it makes SO much difference at night where you need all the warning you can get about incoming garbage in the road. Some people swear by modulators, but I personally think a BRIGHT headlight in the day makes more of a difference. Install takes less than 30 minutes.

Reactions: Roadog1951!
Get a 4300k kit. Looks great. Once you take the headlight assembly out, you can tuck all of the HID components behind the assembly when you put it back in. Literally plug and play.

I paid 71$ shipped for this one:
H4 HID Bi-Xenon HID Motorcycle Kit (Single Bulb and Ballast HID Low Beam and High Beam) Part # HIDH4BIMoto
Make sure you get the SLIM balast. I highly doubt the other one would fit. Well worth the extra 12.50.
Any of you putting in these kits might try to get some close up pictures of your wiring and what you attached to. Looks like there is lots of space, the trick seems to be attaching the components to a non moving object in that area.

Jack

I know I'm late to this party but has anyone had "starting" issues with the ignitors? I'm considering ordering an HID kit for my bike.

So far there have only been a few who have added HID kits and none have mentioned any issues that I'm aware of. I would avoid the Chinese Ebay kits and stick to a quality plug and play kit in the 35watt range.

I'm not a big fan of them. They are great when it comes to being seen but I find the light not conducive to seeing things well especially in the distance. Just my opinion.

No issues. Don't do a lot of night riding at all myself so for me it was about visibility during day. I do agree with jfc's observation. The beam seems more sharply focused maybe?

I've had great luck with the HID kits from The Retrofit Source Inc in Atlanta. Great customer service and OEM quality (and better) in their kits. The guys really know their stuff there. I had much better light and more left over power to run electric gear on the cold days. The Suzukis aren't known for have very powerful alternators.

I used them on my Vstrom, SV1000 and will use them on my CTX when I get it.

Awesome, I generally buy my HID Kits from Xtralights.com good quality plug and play kits. Any idea where to mount the ballast where it's tucked away out of the elements?

I am looking at that now. I will be ordering a kit soon and will see what works the best. I am not very impressed with the stock headlight. It should have been headLIGHTS as in more than 1! I will be adding additional light as well as upgrading the stock one for sure.

I have this link (H4 HID BI- Xenon HID Motorcycle Kit Part # HIDH4BIMOTO with slim balast) saved as a favorite but I have one question before ordering. How do you know this will fit the CTX700 A wiring harness? The site does not ask what bike it is going on, unless I missed it somewhere.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.