CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Seth Laam Custom in Redding CA. Check out his Facebook page, or his website laamseats.com He'll build it to fit your butt exactly, and customize it for your leg length and how you sit in the saddle. Move you forward and down if you're short (me), or back and up if you're gifted with longer legs. Most comfortable seat I've ever been on.

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
Seth Laam Custom in Redding CA. Check out his Facebook page, or his website laamseats.com He'll build it to fit your butt exactly, and customize it for your leg length and how you sit in the saddle. Move you forward and down if you're short (me), or back and up if you're gifted with longer legs. Most comfortable seat I've ever been on.
Yea & Amen to Dave's assessment regarding the Laam, to which I will add my Russell Day-long. I've had both versions of the Corbin CTX seats and now have the Russell. There's no comparison. The Corbin is to the stock seat, what the Russell is to the Corbins. Go thru the trouble of sending a stock pan to Russell/Laam for a custom build. It is well worth the effort & wait. Coming up to age 76 this month, my CTX trike is likely my last ride, but if not, I can assure you that whatever I might replace it with will immediately be fitted with a Russell Day-long. (y) :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Yea & Amen to Dave's assessment regarding the Laam, to which I will add my Russell Day-long. I've had both versions of the Corbin CTX seats and now have the Russell. There's no comparison. The Corbin is to the stock seat, what the Russell is to the Corbins. Go thru the trouble of sending a stock pan to Russell/Laam for a custom build. It is well worth the effort & wait. Coming up to age 76 this month, my CTX trike is likely my last ride, but if not, I can assure you that whatever I might replace it with will immediately be fitted with a Russell Day-long. (y) :cool:
I found it quite funny, that both Russell and Seth Laam are located within 20 miles of each other. Bikers from all across the country either ride in, or send their seats in to either of these shops up in Northern CA. Both offer great service and fantastic seats.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Thought I'd chime in with my thoughts on the Seth Laam seat I purchased a couple of years ago. Versus the stock seat, the Laam is much more comfortable. I can pretty much ride all day without getting a numb butt like I used to get with the stock seat. That being said, however, I do find the Laam to be very firm. There's not a lot of cushion to it. If that's what you're looking for, you might want to consider something different. In fact, I may at some point down the road look into a Corbin or Russell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts