CTX 700 Forum banner

WTB BLUE SADDLEBAG PANELS!!! Cannot find anywhere!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mzflorida 
#1 · (Edited)
any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

can't find anything anywhere 😭

and btw I love this forum, have used it for multiple upgrade recommendations/ideas and technical answers.

just picked up my faired 2016 CTX700 last Friday! Coming from an NC700X I love the position of this bike much better!!

thanks again for all of your help in advance, and looking forward to being part of this forum 😄

Saddlebag Panel Part # 08F70-MJF-A00YA

used or new is ok! have black ones to trade

#3 ·
definitely that is going to be the move I think. found the paint online, just worried about the results. apparently Honda uses a special painting technique for their plastics. but yeah, the suggestion is much appreciated! 🙌

I'm just lucky to have the oem saddlebags lmao

#4 ·
I mean this with nothing but encouragement ( i qualify things because I am very direct). You can manage the painting. I can send you the steps, but it is prep, clean adhesion promoter, Primer X 3, glide coat & sand, base X3 or 4, clear x 3 or 4. cut and buff. Literally an hour and a half all in.Well you have to wait the specified cure time to cut and buff. The priming painting and clear are about 1 minute each for something that size. I think you can "rent" the spray gun with a dryer at Advance.

Metallics of the exact same color and composition will almost never be a perfect match. The paint is under constant agitation at the factory which we cannot accomplish. Also the spray angle, pressures, environment we use are different than the factory . The good news, dark blue is the easy to match (Silvers and whites are difficult). You won't notice as you have the black buffer between the body and the panels. It will look fabulous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.