CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... our 6 week motorcycle while camping experiment is about over. My wife said she “wasn’t sold” on it, mainly because her hair didn’t look right when we were going out. She said her hair “just wasn’t her”

My wife is not a biker girl, she agreed to do this because of me. I would like to be able to keep doing this. How can a lady maintain “her style” and still wear a helmet???

Brad

·
Registered
817 Posts
Well.... our 6 week motorcycle while camping experiment is about over. My wife said she “wasn’t sold” on it, mainly because her hair didn’t look right when we were going out. She said her hair “just wasn’t her”

My wife is not a biker girl, she agreed to do this because of me. I would like to be able to keep doing this. How can a lady maintain “her style” and still wear a helmet???

Brad
Here is the answer my wife gave.
Short answer..."you can't."
That being said,she stated that that is the reason most women wear bandannas under the helmet and keep them on after they take the helmet off.
Sue said that if you look, there are no women with "her style" of hair if riding on a motorcycle while wearing a helmet.
My wife is a nurse of 33 years and counting.
This response is the most telling to me.
Wearing a helmet and ending up with "bad hair," or the alternative..."being dead and no one cares about your hair at that point."

Doug

·
Registered
817 Posts
Maybe you need to have a serious talk to determine if she really,truly likes riding on a motorcycle.
She may just be doing it to be with you and using her hair as an excuse to not be sold on it.
My wife does not like riding at all,but does it periodically to spend time with me.
We recently have found an alternative.
I bought another Polaris RZR because we had one before and she loved trail riding in it.
"Helmet hair be damned!"

Doug

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Helmet hair is just something we all have to suffer with if we're going to ride. It comes with the territory. There's just no getting past the muss that tight fit mixed with heat and sweat creates. The alternative is no helmet and that wind blown "I stuck my finger in an outlet" look. Bandanas and scarves help. Food service hair nets also can be a viable option but these can be difficult to keep in place. Most of the women I ride with will brush they're hair immediately after taking they're helmet off and either tie it up, wear a hat or bandana, or just leave it to fate.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m younger than you and already know there is “no solution.” You should know better. /forum/images/CTX700Forum_2015/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png
Hey man..... my hair hasn’t been messed up since I removed the “party in the back” portion of my mullet in the 1990’s 😄

E7AEAA26-FB79-4E42-A73E-0606FD95AA4E_1548634247288.jpeg

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
My wife likes riding with me, when it is not below 70, LOL. Sometimes she gets in the mood of “I don’t wanna wear mororcycle clothes, will mess my hair, etc.”. So,it goes like this:

ME: I’m going for a coffee, meeting X,Y,Z friend, and I’m going on the bike. She says ok, we go. She has the above mood: ME: OK, see you in a couple hours.

On vacation with the bike, in a hotel, after a mid day nap, it’s time for coffee. ME: let’s go get some coffee. HER: helmet/hair complain. ME: I’ll see you in a couple hours.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I have a lady friend here that avoided the "helmet hair" issue by wearing a wig whenever she removed her hat. She never had a problem! It was always good for a chuckle or even a good laugh by some. I just thought it was a good solution to the issue.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe you need to have a serious talk to determine if she really,truly likes riding on a motorcycle.
She may just be doing it to be with you and using her hair as an excuse to not be sold on it.
My wife does not like riding at all,but does it periodically to spend time with me.
We recently have found an alternative.
I bought another Polaris RZR because we had one before and she loved trail riding in it.
"Helmet hair be damned!"

Doug

Thanks for the replies guys..... So I guess the answer (short of a wig), is there is no solution.

Doug, My wife doesn't mind riding, but doesn't love it either. We were using the bike though as our primary mode of transportation when traveling in the motorhome. So if we went out to eat, she had to deal with her hair, type of clothes etc.... Unfortunately, as we were talking on the way home, I found out the bike might not be the the best mode of transportation for that situation.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts