CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a stop light flasher for my bike but i don't have a wiring diagram. i know the wires for the rear light assembly run beneath the left rear side cover but which wire controls the stop/brake light? thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
1,110 Posts
Here you go...

Attachments

Reactions: dgall

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again to the group. i was able to wire the brake light modulator into the bikes wiring harness without having to take the rear left cowl off(it's a pita). i connected the modulator right at the rear brake light switch which only took about 15 minutes. works great and the small black box is completely hidden behind the little black plastic cover over the master cylinder.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks again to the group. i was able to wire the brake light modulator into the bikes wiring harness without having to take the rear left cowl off(it's a pita). i connected the modulator right at the rear brake light switch which only took about 15 minutes. works great and the small black box is completely hidden behind the little black plastic cover over the master cylinder.
after riding the bike last night i determined that to be more effective the modulator needs to be wired into the bike after BOTH brakelight switches so i moved it to behind the left rear cowl. only took an hour and it works perfectly regardless of which brake is applied first. and i didn't break the plastic cowl removing it! but it's still a pita👍 fwiw: a brakelight flasher is a real attention getter and makes riding much safer, day or night. highly recommend them. ok, down off soapbox.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts