CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking online and I realize there are several thousand option of gloves to choose from now days, But was wondering what you use yourself glove wise when riding during the Winter Months and also during the Summer Months. Is it possible to find a pair of winter gloves for riding that are not bulky and to thick but still keep your hands warm??, I know this may not be possible but I cant even work in gloves let alone ride with a thick bulky pair myself, I half to be able to feel what I am doing if that makes any sense. I

prefer leather gloves myself since they have always worked best for me. I am aware that I can install a set of heated grips and in the near future it is on the list to be added, But right now I will just half to settle for a good pair of gloves for now. Pictures and the brand you prefer yourself would be much appreciated as I cannot decide on all of the different brands that are out there on the market. Thank You

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got the Held Air Stream 2 gloves. Great stuff right there for high temp rides.
Winter I can't really say, I'm still looking myself. The Held Air n Dry i currently ride barely does it for short commute rides in sub 40F temps. but would like to upgrade.

·
Registered
69 Posts
While I went the heated grips and handguards route, I have been looking for a replacement for my ancient Thurlow (no longer in business) summer-weight gloves. After 45 years, the sun has stiffened the deerskin on the backs but the palms are still supple and the gloves are very comfortable. However, at my age I am thinking about more protection in a fall than the Thurlows offer. In another thread, Keco mentioned Fox Creek Leather, so I looked them up. I just ordered a pair of their DeerTours Motorcycle Gloves and I will report back as soon as they arrive. If I were looking for a winter glove to use without handguards, I would try their Maverick Gauntlet because I have found that you need more than just leather to stop the wind. Good luck. https://www.foxcreekleather.com/gloves/deerskin-motorcycle-gloves-and-gauntlets/ (FclFeb29 for 10% off.)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While I went the heated grips and handguards route, I have been looking for a replacement for my ancient Thurlow (no longer in business) summer-weight gloves. After 45 years, the sun has stiffened the deerskin on the backs but the palms are still supple and the gloves are very comfortable. However, at my age I am thinking about more protection in a fall than the Thurlows offer. In another thread, Keco mentioned Fox Creek Leather, so I looked them up. I just ordered a pair of their DeerTours Motorcycle Gloves and I will report back as soon as they arrive. If I were looking for a winter glove to use without handguards, I would try their Maverick Gauntlet because I have found that you need more than just leather to stop the wind. Good luck. https://www.foxcreekleather.com/gloves/deerskin-motorcycle-gloves-and-gauntlets/ (FclFeb29 for 10% off.)

Now they have some nice leather there, Thanks for sharing lots to choose from too.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Winter in Tennasee is likely very different up here in Ottawa, Ontario. I ride until the snow stays on the ground and sand and salt gets spread, normally mid November to mid December. Temperatures will drop down to about -12C or 9 F; at that temperature, rides are relatively short, especially as I don't have windbusters on handlebars yet. I have a pair of Klim PowerXross Gore Tex gloves that work quite well https://fortnine.ca/en/klim-powerxross-gloves?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI26WIy5T35wIVhZ-zCh371ANrEAQYASABEgLtlPD_BwE#76=21&493=10

·
Registered
69 Posts
So I received my DeerTours gloves and the Medium size felt pretty good, but the fingers were too long so I returned the gloves. The tag on them said Lee Parks Design, so I looked that up and found them here at https://leeparksdesign.com/. Turns out they have several versions of this glove, plus a clever way to measure your hand. I ordered the DeerSports (I like gauntlets even for summer gloves) in a Small this time. The left fits like a glove and the right is just a little tight (I’m right handed) but should stretch a bit by all accounts. I got the black/tan and they really are beautiful gloves. They sell lined and armored versions as well.

Update: I took the DeerSports on a 75-mile ride today and I am very satisfied. The right glove now fits like the left, snug and very comfortable. If I did not require the gauntlet (I do) I would get the outseam version of the DeerTours. That is how my old Thurlows were made and I believe they take comfort to the next level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts