CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for some suggestions for getting some new winterish gloves. I live in south GA, so the winters are never too harsh here, but I do regularly ride in 40 degree weather Dec-Feb. I have a pair of these Block-It Leather Gloves but they are kind of overkill. I don't like the gauntlet style gloves and how they fit. Does anyone ride in this degree of weather and use a low cuff glove? I'm hoping to find a leather pair with a little bit of insulation. Fabric might be ok also. I normally need 3XL in size. I just got a pair of summer gloves I really like for around $50 (Tourmaster Summer Elite 3 Gloves), so I was aiming to spend roughly the same on some winter gloves. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I live in TX and ride all year. Tried serious winter gloves and hated them, very hard to flex to reach levers. I wear Deerskin work gloves exclusively. In cold rain they get wet and my hands are clod but that’s so rare I don’t worry about it. “Tractor supply” is a good source.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
You might try these. They're cheap enough. I haven't tried them though. Supposedly wind-resistant.

·
Registered
459 Posts
When i was shopping around for cold weather gloves i learned that non-mc gloves and such are designed for high exercise and low wind so are more concerned with letting moisture out. The opposite of what you need. So i figured Harley knows a thing or two about needs for motorcycle gloves so went to the local dealership and found a very comfortable pair that have worked well for years. No, there wont be any there for $19.99 but i like buying things once and being happy with the quality.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have some snowmobile gloves made by Cortech that are very warm. The gauntlets keep the cold wind from going up the cuffs. Don't think they make them anymore but check out other snowmobile gloves.

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
70 Posts
If you haven't already, I suggest installing hand/brush guards. I found they deflect the wind enough to allow me to wear warm weather gloves year round, however, they are gauntlet style. Around 45 degrees is my lower end comfort level to ride in the winter here in NC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts