CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Where is the CTX700 winker relay on the bike? (38301-MEW-921)
(I want to connect a signal buzzer)
Thanks!

·
Registered
407 Posts
getting to it requires removing the left rear panel after removing the grab rail.
It takes time and is a pain in the butt to get to it

I see this is your 1st post, so welcome

let us know more about you and your bike.
Where are you

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
If you have the naked model it might be easier to access the front turn signals and hook it up like this guy did. I really like the making of a separate harness and not cutting into the bikes harness idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=84&v=iAltZy9NiRs&feature=emb_logo
Thanks for the link dgall.
After watching the video, this is something I might want to undertake. The fellow makes it look easy but I’m always skeptical when it comes to wiring. Probably because I don’t understand things like relays and resistors.
In my previous endeavours that involved wiring, I used the Posi-Tap connectors to tie into the electrical wiring. I used liquid electrical tape to coat the connectors when I was done. The connectors are easy to use without compromising the integrity of the harness.

Glenn

https://www.posi-products.com/posiplug.html

·
Registered
383 Posts
One idea I had instead of the buzzer was running a couple of green led strips cut to size, up the right and left side of the Madstad windshield bracket. This way I can see it flashing just below my line of sight looking straight out the windshield and not have to listen to the buzzer annoying me and my fellow travelers sitting at long red lights.Application: says- Turn Signal Light, Backup Light, Corner Light, Stop Light, Parking Light, Tail light or Reverse Light Reversing light ( the Joint back-up light) Fog light (the Joint fog light) Day time light ( the Joint ACC);
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-Green-12-Car-Motor-Flexible-LED-Strip-Light-5050-High-Power-Waterproof-12V-/142291568475?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

·
Registered
750 Posts
One idea I had instead of the buzzer was running a couple of green led strips cut to size, up the right and left side of the Madstad windshield bracket. This way I can see it flashing just below my line of sight looking straight out the windshield and not have to listen to the buzzer annoying me and my fellow travelers sitting at long red lights.Application: says- Turn Signal Light, Backup Light, Corner Light, Stop Light, Parking Light, Tail light or Reverse Light Reversing light ( the Joint back-up light) Fog light (the Joint fog light) Day time light ( the Joint ACC);
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-Green-12-Car-Motor-Flexible-LED-Strip-Light-5050-High-Power-Waterproof-12V-/142291568475?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0
in some localities, green is reserved for forest service. Amber would be legal in all 50 states though.

·
Registered
383 Posts
in some localities, green is reserved for forest service. Amber would be legal in all 50 states though.
Roger that. They will only be 3 inches or less and I would have them pointed at me to match the green arrows on the dash but no sense in attracting any attention from law enforcement. Amber should work just as well. I found these that can be cut down.Thanks for the heads up!!
https://www.amazon.com/CZC-AUTO-Motorcycle-6-5050-SMD-Waterproof/dp/B07QLPFZSD/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=amber+led+light+strip&qid=1580315045&sr=8-7

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Winker location

Thank you all, guys.
I have a black and beautiful Honda CTX700D E DCT, 2015. it comes with the side bags! I added backrest for the Mrs, and two red feflective stipes on the side - so I can be seen!
This bike does everything good! Jack of all trades. I love it.
And wow, is it fast! Switches gears in 0.1second!
Will change the rear shock, at some time. Seen those threads already.

Blinker buzzer: Was hoping to tap into yellow pin lead of relay so I dont have to use diodes, and can only have 1 lead. See attached.
Thanks for showing me position:)
Ride safe,0:)
Doke.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Winker location

i'm in Malta. That's in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea.
Not a junior, I'm 60. But my mind is only 30!!!!
Cheers, Doke.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thank you all, guys.
I have a black and beautiful Honda CTX700D E DCT, 2015. it comes with the side bags! I added backrest for the Mrs, and two red feflective stipes on the side - so I can be seen!
This bike does everything good! Jack of all trades. I love it.
And wow, is it fast! Switches gears in 0.1second!
Will change the rear shock, at some time. Seen those threads already.

Blinker buzzer: Was hoping to tap into yellow pin lead of relay so I dont have to use diodes, and can only have 1 lead. See attached.
Thanks for showing me position:)
Ride safe,0:)
Doke.
Looks like you will want to tap into the Gray wire (load) at the relay under the left rear panel.

Download the manual if you havent already (several links are posted in the forum). At the end is the wiring diagram to reference.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
i'm in Malta. That's in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea.
Not a junior, I'm 60. But my mind is only 30!!!!
Cheers, Doke.
Reading this thread right now we all know where you are from, but the next time you post elsewhere, most of us will not have a clue (especially us old guys!). So, let me suggest that you put your city/state/region in your profile (at least your state). Knowing where you are in general terms, helps readers of your future posts to have a "context" to draw on.

Since you are new to this forum (and their "mechanics" are all different!). Here's how to edit your Profile for your location:

1) Click on "User CP" tab in the upper right corner of this screen. If you don't see it, you are not at the top level. Scroll all the way up and it is just under the Search dialog.
2) Once on the User CP (Control Panel) page you'll see "Edit Your Details" click on the upper left side frame entry labeled "Your Profile"
3) Now scroll down to "Additional Information" & click "Location." Just put in your location at whatever level of detail you prefer (Country, Region, State/Prov, and/or City).
4) Continue to scroll down until you see "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page, click that and you are done.

Note, since most smart phones are not smart enough to allow you to perform the above steps with their truncated screens, you'll likely have to do it using your PC.

Again, welcome!:D:D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts