CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Madstad,

Nice. Thx for the pix. Any cost info? DIY order info? I see it mounts to the handlebar cross piece, with what could be a little tray. Think this old fart could do it?
f

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am interested

·
Registered
185 Posts
Madstad Cost

I ordered one about 2 weeks ago for my CTX700 nekkid. 20" screen for $280.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It arrived. I'll take some pictures and post in a few days.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Unfortunately, Madstad sent me a screen for an NC700, not a CTX, claiming that it was what I ordered. They're wrong; I ordered by phone and there is no way I would have said "NC700." Anyway, Madstad sent me a nice email and said they would replace it "when the Windscreen for the CTX700 came out." However, Madstad posted to this list that "Madstad Engineering out of Florida has come out with an adjustable bracket and windshield system for the CTX 700 Naked version." See

http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/new-2013-honda-ctx700-news/2090-windshield-made-ctx.html

I think I need to call them.

·
Registered
975 Posts
...they would replace it "when the Windscreen for the CTX700 came out." However, Madstad posted to this list that "Madstad Engineering out of Florida has come out with an adjustable bracket and windshield system for the CTX 700 Naked version." See

http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/new-2013-honda-ctx700-news/2090-windshield-made-ctx.html

I think I need to call them.
Sorry to read about what's happened to you. I noticed that their website states that it is still under development, but I assumed that they just hadn't updated their website.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm trying to be positive about the tray - I'm going to call it a dash shelf, a farkle that I don't have to buy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aside from my comments about the Madstad windshield being "fugly" in a different thread, I've grown tired of mounting and remounting my NC F15 windshield in an effort to get rid of helmet buffeting and noise, I believe I have now decided to just "take the plunge" and get what "just works" out of the box when Madstad releases their product. As for the unsightly "tray" - my current plan is to mount a iPad mini to it with a Garmin Glo GPS module for kind of a "super GPS" system on my CTX. One thing's for sure - The iPad will probably hide most of the tray and perform many valuable functions as well! :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
A stop by their web site today showed the "shelf" has been replaced by a clear diffuser panel. Better looking, I think.
CTX700N

best,
f

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah. That looks much better. It would be nice if you could pull that lower diffuser off in the summer time to get more air. It looks like you maybe could.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Actually that thing doesn't look so bad. If I had an "N" model I would definitely put that sucker on. Their reputation is that their screens really work well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm trying to be positive about the tray - I'm going to call it a dash shelf, a farkle that I don't have to buy.
I saw it as a positive right away, but the new plastic deal doesn't look like it can be used as a tray. Not sure what to make of it now. :(

1 - 20 of 58 Posts