CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question:

Has anyone tried a windshield extension. My wife's CTX has the tall windshield, but she wants it higher. If you do use one please post a picture so I can show her. Also the make of course!!

Thanks!!
Dave

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
250 Posts
I also have tall OEM, and installed a lip immediately. I moved it over from my previous bike, where it helped a lot. I’m not convinced it helps me on this bike with this windshield. I recently took it off and I think I’m getting less noise and buffeting, but very soon I plan to do some real ride testing and figure out optimal lip positioning or lack thereof. But every person needs to do their own testing, since we all have different heights and postures and helmets. I’m 6’, 32” inseam, wearing a Nolan N70-2 helmet.

The lip I have was ~$30-40 on Amazon. There are a fair number of different styles and prices.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
The lip I have was ~$30-40 on Amazon. There are a fair number of different styles and prices.
Yes, prices vary quite a bit. I purchased an Ermax brand to match my windshield, but the extension cost me almost as much as the windshield itself. I believe it was close to $100. Happy with it, but probably would have done just as well buying something a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mine is an MRA X-creen Sport, at the time it was $109. I can vouch for the quality, but I have no experience with the less expensive copies that are out there. It changed my tall screen from a wind buffeting nightmare to a well behaved airflow. I've had it on for over three year with zero problems.

If you go with MRA, get the sport, not the tour. The stock tall screen is not wide enough for the tour model.

They are a little pricey.

Reactions: djoaquin99

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a fared one with a 20" Puig and without the Amazon extension buffeting is terrible. With it the air flow is pretty smooth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts