CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some various threads, it seems there are 2 main choices for the naked version: Madstad and Puig. Does this seem correct? Anyone have experience with both of these? I need a windshield and have tried, more than once, to order a Madstad but it seems to be very hard(in my case) to order one-so I want to know about the Puig and some others. Thank you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the 20 inch Madstad in light grey on my CTX700N and love the difference it has made in cutting down on buffeting around the helmet and especially how my chest no longer acts like a sail when a semi passes by going the other direction on a 2 lane. I am not sure why you are having difficulty ordering from them. My order was handled online and went very well. Good luck with whatever windshield brand you decide on.

Tony

·
Registered
842 Posts
The Puig is here: Monster Parts: Puig Stream Universal Windscreen

I installed one on my NDT; posted about that, so search on my name.
I find it suits me fine: wind goes up to my helmet top, and no longer into my chest. I don't ride bolt-upright: I'm 5-10, and for my wallet size this was a good choice too. Its a bit fussy to install around the brake reservoir on the right, and again a fussy point around the parking brake on the left. It won't mount exactly symmetrically, but only I see that.

Ride Often, Ride Safe
f

·
Registered
21 Posts
Effen Tee:

Did you mount the Stream mounts on the handle bars as far over the right and left as you could? How high did you mount the windscreen i.e. as far down as possible or high near the instrument cluster

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Cee Bailey also makes a nice shield. They even give you a small discount if you order their luggage too.
Skully,

I think Cee Bailey only offers the screen for the fairing model.

Reactions: fjones
1 - 6 of 6 Posts