CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping it will be mine. Mainly due to it having a DCT. Don't want to shift, especially in the crazy traffic over here in Fresno. I will probably wait a while after its release just in case they do things differently with it. Like give it more storage or hopefully a bigger displacement like 1300cc. But I have high hopes for this motorcycle. If the Aprilia Mana 850 can last than the CTX700 should as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First bike was a Honda Big Ruckus 250 , Suzuki Burgman 650, Aprilia Scarabeo 500 i.e. ,....and now soon to be a Honda once again!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Daboo was mentioning how the Burgman is such a good bike since it has good wind channeling better for those long rides so you won't be fighting the winds to tire you out on the longer rides. I have taken a further look in to that but the only difference is that his Burgman is a 400.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I am hoping it will be mine. Mainly due to it having a DCT. Don't want to shift, especially in the crazy traffic over here in Fresno. I will probably wait a while after its release just in case they do things differently with it. Like give it more storage or hopefully a bigger displacement like 1300cc. But I have high hopes for this motorcycle. If the Aprilia Mana 850 can last than the CTX700 should as well.
The CTX700 is good for a first bike in my opinion but it has to be the CTX700ND with the Abs brakes system and DCT transmission. Otherwise the displacement might scare off some newbies. You can consider the DCT to be a luxury for city riding since stop and go is annoying.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have owned a Lot of Motorcycles, and have ridden or test ridden many bikes.

I have to say the CTX & NC 700 bikes are very easy in every respect, like riding, handling, power is good, plenty of power for two up, Brake are Good for two up

The DCT is better than a CVT, in the feel and shift points

They are simple bikes, that are easy to ride and easy to work on, I like that.

I have replaced a clutch set in a Goldwing, and replaced a stator in a few Goldwings.

I have basically Completely rebuilt a few Goldwings.

Not only are these CTX700 & NC700 bike's good for the new rider they are also good for the experienced rider, I really Like mine, it just does everything, just right.

These bikes are not Absolutely excellent at any thing, but, they are very good at everything, not to many bike's are very good at everything

They are a keeper as they are a Fun bike to ride

I could see having a few of them a NC700X, and CTX700 faired auto saddle bags, trunk,

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not my first bike, but the CTX is an ideal bike for beginners IMO due to it's lightweight, and slower speeds and its automatic. I think this will sell quite well, especially with such a low price tag.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Maybe my next bike.

I first saw it online I wasn't impressed and was going to go with a Shadow Aero but something was holding me back. The CTX has grown on me and if the ergos are good then I will plunk down the money. Just waiting for one to hit the showroom here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am actually wondering if this will be my last motorcycle. I am currently riding a BMW F 800 ST. This is a GREAT bike but I am tired of tippy toeing it out of the garage. My hip and wrists hurt while riding it.

I will soon be 53 and don't really want to go back to a heavy cruiser so when I saw this bike it certainly got my attention. The dealer is going to call me as soon as they arrive [shipping on the 28th].

I am just ready to scale back -------- long time rider.

Suzanne

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am actually wondering if this will be my last motorcycle. I am currently riding a BMW F 800 ST. This is a GREAT bike but I am tired of tippy toeing it out of the garage. My hip and wrists hurt while riding it.

I will soon be 53 and don't really want to go back to a heavy cruiser so when I saw this bike it certainly got my attention. The dealer is going to call me as soon as they arrive [shipping on the 28th].

I am just ready to scale back -------- long time rider.

Suzanne
You still have many years of riding left, I'm sure. The CTX is a good bike for people who don't want all the stress of a big unwieldy bike. That's why I'm getting one.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Glad to hear that it is only a few weeks from now. Will have to start bugging the local Powerhouse then. "Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?"

·
Registered
27 Posts
You still have many years of riding left, I'm sure. The CTX is a good bike for people who don't want all the stress of a big unwieldy bike. That's why I'm getting one.

I definitely hope for MANY, MANY more years !!!! I am 5'3 or so and inseam of 29 so just hoping it will work for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am in the same boat with some of you, I have sold some of my Goldwings and larger collection, I had 13 motorcycles, up until the beginning of this year.

I have been selling some of my bikes off.

I am down to 7 bikes now, the Big heavy Fasst bike's were fun but!!!!!

I like a lighter more agile little bit slower bikes, like my NC700 and CTX700 bike are very nice and fit the bill for a light comfortable easy to ride bike.

The clutch pull is nice and light, so is the brake lever, shifting through the gears manually is very easy and very very smooth, the trans is very slick, engine is very slick also, i think its a keeper

·
Registered
124 Posts
Kfrill,

I see your 150cc scoot gets 80mpg,

You may want to give up that 80mpg, 150cc scooter.

My 1st tank on my NC700X i got 80.37 mpg, So the 700 series bike's gets the same mileage as a 150cc bike AMAZING, Thanks Honda.

We will see what kind of mileage i get with tank #2

Glad to hear that it is only a few weeks from now. Will have to start bugging the local Powerhouse then. "Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?"

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I might give the scoot up. Depends on insurance and real world mpg. I usually drive short (<3miles) trips in moderate traffic during the week. I range further a field on the weekends. Have only got 8,000 mi. on it in 2 years.
Do keep us informed on the mpg the engines are getting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have owned a Lot of Motorcycles, and have ridden or test ridden many bikes.

I have to say the CTX & NC 700 bikes are very easy in every respect, like riding, handling, power is good, plenty of power for two up, Brake are Good for two up

The DCT is better than a CVT, in the feel and shift points

They are simple bikes, that are easy to ride and easy to work on, I like that.

I have replaced a clutch set in a Goldwing, and replaced a stator in a few Goldwings.

I have basically Completely rebuilt a few Goldwings.

Not only are these CTX700 & NC700 bike's good for the new rider they are also good for the experienced rider, I really Like mine, it just does everything, just right.

These bikes are not Absolutely excellent at any thing, but, they are very good at everything, not to many bike's are very good at everything

They are a keeper as they are a Fun bike to ride

I could see having a few of them a NC700X, and CTX700 faired auto saddle bags, trunk,

How do you find the riding position for the CTX700? I am a bit worried about my back since I have slight back injuries in the past. I really hate the fact that I have to deal with that issue but life goes on. This is mainly why I am going with a cruiser type bike over everything else.

·
Registered
46 Posts
How do you find the riding position for the CTX700? I am a bit worried about my back since I have slight back injuries in the past. I really hate the fact that I have to deal with that issue but life goes on. This is mainly why I am going with a cruiser type bike over everything else.
Your on the right track my brother in law has been riding for years with back injuries on a Harley. On the CTX700 your pretty much in a upright position all the time. His trick though for support was to wear a back brace support belt for weightlifting. You might want to give that a try in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your on the right track my brother in law has been riding for years with back injuries on a Harley. On the CTX700 your pretty much in a upright position all the time. His trick though for support was to wear a back brace support belt for weightlifting. You might want to give that a try in the future.
Sounds interesting. That wouldn't be a bad idea actually, I take it you could get one of those belts from a workout facility. Luckily I don't have a gut :) Thanks Brockie.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Two back surgeries, a couple of things for you to consider.

1. Feet forward should be good for your back.
2. you are at a sitting up position, good for your back they have hadl bar risers to get your arms further up and back to help even more
3. The suspension is very comfortable, another plus
4. lighter bike, this will also help
5. Seat this may be a concern, you may have to have someone like seat concepts build you a very comfortable seat
I would also maybe suggest a riders back rest, this made one of my bikes very comfortable to lean against while riding and take the stress and arch off your lower back

·
Registered
33 Posts
I like a lighter more agile little bit slower bikes, like my NC700 and CTX700 bike are very nice and fit the bill for a light comfortable easy to ride bike.
Don't you find owning both the CTX and NC700 redundant seeing as how they are almost the same bike?

·
Registered
124 Posts
They are the similar, but not the same.

Meaning that;

1. NC700X is Narrow, higher in the saddle riding position, legs bent slightly and slightly back.

2. CTX700 faired model, with saddle bags and maybe a trunk, it is wider and a lower seat, feet forward, bike is more of a of a cruiser riding position, a rider back rest would be really nice for comfort, seat concepts seat if more comfort is needed
this is more of a laid back cruiser/touring bike

Sometimes you cant get enough of a good thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts