CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next spring my wife plans to trade in her 2007 Honda Rebel and move up to the CTX700 DCT. She wants the full fairing and tall windscreen and pretty all the accessories which you can buy for the CTX. Base on what I've read here, I'm wondering if we will need to order the specific model she wants or just wait for luck of the draw and hope one shows up at the dealership.

Likewise, the accessories; do we order them at the time we "order" the motorcycle or do we wait and order them after the motorcycle arrives. Any inputs based on experience are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
my local dealer only stocks the naked version. Check which dealers have in stock which ones. If you find a fairing model on the floor when you are ready to buy, try to figure out if they have been sitting on it long. If yes, make them a lower offer plus percent off on accessories. that will be your best deal. Sell the rebel, don't trade it. They sell easy if you prices it fairly and that should be more than a trade will get you.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Next spring my wife plans to trade in her 2007 Honda Rebel and move up to the CTX700 DCT. She wants the full fairing and tall windscreen and pretty all the accessories which you can buy for the CTX. Base on what I've read here, I'm wondering if we will need to order the specific model she wants or just wait for luck of the draw and hope one shows up at the dealership.

Likewise, the accessories; do we order them at the time we "order" the motorcycle or do we wait and order them after the motorcycle arrives. Any inputs based on experience are appreciated.
I would wait until the bike is in hand before ordering accessories. Right now, there aren't a lot of after market items made for this bike (unless you pay through the nose to Honda). There are more and more accessories becoming available for this bike from places other than Honda. By the time your wife gets her CTX, I would think there would more accessories available.

Reactions: ctxers

·
Registered
301 Posts
Artiee Unless you go to a Honda Power House dealer your pretty much at the mercy of what rolls off the truck. Thats why I went 100 miles to get mine when the dealer I started at is 1.5 miles from home. Current accessories are pretty pricey for what you get but if you gotta have it most dealers will give a break if its included in the purchase. The CTX is the perfect step up from a Rebel. The foot controls are more forward but everything else will feel comfortable and familiar to her. We ended paying $12K out the door with 5yr warranty and all Accessories except heated grips. It was the first one sold in SoCal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The saddle bags are pretty pricing, topping $900 by the time you add the mounting brackets and color inserts. The advantage of buying them at the same time is that the cost can be part of the finance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts