CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Are you rubbing it with your leg/shoe as you get on and off? If there was some road grit and grime on it, it would abrade the paint. Or it could have just been a bad prep before paining from the factory... it happens with metal parts.

It is an easy part to remove if you wanted to scrape and sand a bit and then re-paint it. Just about any flat black spray paint should match pretty well.

·
Registered
570 Posts
That wear pattern is very common here in Florida. I'm told it's from sand. Completely unsure if that is true. Bob Witte has lived here longer than me. Maybe he can chime in?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That wear pattern is very common here in Florida. I'm told it's from sand. Completely unsure if that is true. Bob Witte has lived here longer than me. Maybe he can chime in?
I was thinking maybe getting some rubber antislip stick on to put over the area. Also may use for a tank protector too, would this damage the paint on the tank if I stuck it in there too?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Is it only on 1 side? I was wondering if you had metal on your boots, or chaps? If the part is just plastic, you may be able to sand it down.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I believe it is cast aluminum.

·
Super Moderator
3,240 Posts
It looks to be defective paint rather than an external abrasive situation.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi thanks the bike was like this when I bought it. Also I noticed since the right fork has bee ln resprayed I assume there was some flaking there too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts