CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a blue 2016 with the fairing next Wednesday. Brand new! Yes,the dealership will kill me with the price.

Hope the ctx won't distract me from the landscape like my sportbike does 馃槰

Registered
A new, left over 2016, should be a steal. Check with a "Honda Powersports" dealer if there's one around. They're cheaper than the others. All they sell is Honda.
I just brought a 2018, the Honda Powersports dealer beat the other dealers by almost $2k.

Registered
Congrats, and ignore all the opinions you may get about price. Yes, some are simply trying to be helpful, but you didn't ask about it so they may not realize it can be accidentally insulting. Obviously you're very happy with the deal you made and are excited about your new bike. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Premium Member
My wife got the exact same bike in September she's loving it hers is the DCT. She's clocked alittle over 5k on it. She still rides behind me on long trips though. She's a new rider so this one is a great fit. She does have one complaint though she likes to site see and now she's figured out there's a lot more to riding than passengering. Congrats and may you have many safe joyful miles.

Bryan

Registered
Getting a blue 2016 with the fairing next Wednesday. Brand new! Yes,the dealership will kill me with the price.

Hope the ctx won't distract me from the landscape like my sportbike does ��
Congratulations on a wonderful new motorcycle! As you likely know, there is a proper balance between traffic, scenery & surroundings. With my DCT, it does free up the brain a little, but no matter where I am riding, I must maintain that balance. Best Wishes!;) I like the character of my CTX700D, but some might say that I am the real character!?!

Registered
Congrats on your new bike. I think that's the one I saw for sale at Moto Primo

It's also great to see another rider of the of the fastest colored CTX (blue) in the Twin Cities. If you're ever close to St. Michael give me a shout, as I'm always happy to show off my mods to another CTX rider

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8
I just got on the bike today for the first time. Honda sure didn't disappoint me. Great feel and torque for these Wisconsin back roads. I will keep the s1000 in the cities to deal with the expressway 馃拑馃拑

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome! I spent a week at the motel 6 SeaTac with a yamaha xs650 a long time ago. Before the mountain blew up. The Ctx should handle a reprise trip easily to view the ashes.馃寢

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #10
Honda Powersports. I should have talked with them, maybe next time. It was the advertised price that sucked me in. I never would have considered the bike.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #11
She is a lucky rider with dct in this particular bike. The foot forward position is new to me and I was fishing for gears with my left toe too much. If I had dct I wouldn't have to learn shifting feet forward. Saw that right away 馃檶

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #13
This one was at Vetesnik in Richland Center Wi. I would like to see a quick and easy method of installing an electronic cruise control. The shop must be swamped with work because they weren't eager for the job. I'll try again closer to winter.

Thanks for the welcome馃憦

Registered
This one was at Vetesnik in Richland Center Wi. I would like to see a quick and easy method of installing an electronic cruise control. The shop must be swamped with work because they weren't eager for the job. I'll try again closer to winter.

Thanks for the welcome馃憦
From what I gather on this forum an electronic cruise control cost about $1,000 for the kit alone, only a few have coughed up enough to get one, not sure what it would cost to get it installed. A throttle lock system, something like the "Breakaway" or even something simpler and less expensive than that may give you what you like.
Welcome to this Forum, enjoy your new ride.
Gary

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #17
After a year I like the bike. Handles hot city riding and does better than I expected on the expressway. Smooth, refined, well built just as super sneaky Steve says...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts