CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What audience is Honda trying to appeal to with the CXT700? I've read on other forums that females would be more interested in this bike. Others say it's the new rider Honda is after, with comfort, practicality, and affordability being the new trend. For those, who like the low style but can't afford or don't want the weight of American iron.

I for one love it for it's simplicity and that it doesn't have the extreme and aggressive styling other bikes have.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
For this particular style of bike, the more mature riders will be interested. I'd say the majority would be ages 30+. But who know knows since the new trend these days is more so retro.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess considering that it is 700cc it will require people with more bike experience than your basic amateur.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well I guess considering that it is 700cc it will require people with more bike experience than your basic amateur.
Well not necessarily since this not every singe 600 or 700cc bike out there is fast. Yes it does have a higher displacement if you want to compare it to a 250cc. But The CTX700 is not as fast as you think it is. Now if you have a 700cc supersport motorcycle that is completely a whole different story. Those suckers are just rev happy and usually around that amount of ccs for a supersport they put down at least 98- 105 horsepower.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I wouldn't jump to conclusions and say the CTX700 is more of a female based motorcycle. I see women riding bigwings all the time but that doesn't mean its for women only and a guy was to ride they would be made fun of. Now if your talking about a Vespa scooter that might be something to talk about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts