CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I having a hard time searching for where the new Honda CTX700 is specifically made. Which country is the CTX700 made in? Will I have to pay an import fee when I purchase the bike?

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
The majority of Honda motorcycles are made in its country of origin which is Japan. But other country do have the same assembly plants. A popular one being Thailand. And most of the time they get the new bikes exclusively first. The residence in Thailand are very lucky for this reason and I have heard in some cases the cost is cheaper too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have spoken with a few friends that live in Thailand for business and the Honda motorcycles are cheaper because you would save on the import fees which are usually factored in to the cost. I asked him about if the quality of the bike are the same as being made in japan. And he said they have just as high standards and regulations to meet so quality is not something to differ from japan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starting to wish that I was in Thailand to take advantage of being able to get the CTX700 faster and for less. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Starting to wish that I was in Thailand to take advantage of being able to get the CTX700 faster and for less. :)
Good luck with the traffic there. I hear its absolutely hellish. You would also get a lot of stares driving a 700cc bike.

Most natives usually drive bikes around 100cc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good luck with the traffic there. I hear its absolutely hellish. You would also get a lot of stares driving a 700cc bike.

Most natives usually drive bikes around 100cc.
Of course your going to get a lot of stares because the most affordable bikes are 125 to 250. When you have anything more than 250cc your considered to be living well. Just because of majority rides with less doesn't mean its wrong to ride something bigger.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The main market for Thailand would be for lower displacement bikes due to the population and space matter. However there are still bigger bikes there and sometime even considered a luxury like wavecruiser said. for the samller villages and contry roads it would mae more sense to have a 125-250 but in the main city a 500+ cc bike will do fine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would rather have a Japan MFR'd bike

CTX700, Japan MFR
NC700X & S, Japan MFR
CB500F Thailand
CBR500 Thailand

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same here I would like to have it made from its origin country. I just feel that in japan they have very strict and demanding regulations to follow. Not that Thailand doesn't but i just feel more comfortable that it's being manufactured in Japan.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Honestly it should make a difference in my opinion. If Honda trust another country regardless of which one it is, they would make sure everything has the same standards even like Japan. But for you guys that have a big concern for that type of thing, your lucky the CTX700 i think will be manufactured in Japan.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I just saw a japanese site that said that it is manufactured in Japan at the Kumamoto plant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure if it's still the case, but Honda was assembling the Goldwing in the USA for a while (TN I believe).

Personally, I don't care where the CTX700D is made as long as they start cranking them out! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts