CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no seen one at my dealer. I have to prep my wee Strom for sale before the new Honda arrives.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The CTX700N (naked model) should start hitting dealerships, next week. The CTX700 (fairing model) won't be available until late July/early August.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
When the naked come in then you can check the ergonomics since the rider position will be the same.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Anybody else here twiddling their thumbs while waiting for these to hit the shores and showrooms. I know I am.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have seen one member on here with her review after getting to see one in person I believe it was in Texa. Does anybody know if the CTX700 hit any other showrooms?

·
Registered
90 Posts
A CTX700N hit my dealer, today. He's assembling it, and I'll get to sit on it tomorrow, to see if my inseam is too short to reach the shift lever. If it's not, then I'll still be waiting, because I want it in black, and what they got in is red. The CTX700's (fairing model) aren't due to appear until July.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A CTX700N hit my dealer, today. He's assembling it, and I'll get to sit on it tomorrow, to see if my inseam is too short to reach the shift lever. If it's not, then I'll still be waiting, because I want it in black, and what they got in is red. The CTX700's (fairing model) aren't due to appear until July.
Yah I'm waiting for a black as well. Where are you located?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have sat on the CTX700N, they have a red and black one here locally in West Central Florida. I ordered the D with saddle bags. Told it would be here in Mid June but I am leaving on the 21st for a road trip so if it is not here I will have to take my Buell or Vulcan. I will let ya'll know when it arrives. They should be rolling into the dealerships soon enough and then we all need to post our own Ride Reviews. Can't Wait.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yahoooo!

Dealer says the confirmed delivery date of my CTX 700 (Red Fairing DCT/ABS) is July 26th. He said it may show up sooner. The N's just arrived and are being prepped as I type.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stopped in at the local Hinshaws Honda dealership in Auburn, WA and they have both manual and dct models on the floor. Manual is red and the dct is black.

The wife is excited that they are finally available to look at, even though she is only interested in the faired model. At least she can get a feel for the ergonomics with those bikes and maybe even take a test ride.

Reactions: Kfrill

·
Registered
90 Posts
The wife is excited that they are finally available to look at, even though she is only interested in the faired model. At least she can get a feel for the ergonomics with those bikes and maybe even take a test ride.
Yeah, you'll definitely want your wife to sit on one, before committing. The reach to the pegs has proven to be too far for some. I have a 30-inch inseam, and it's as about as far out as I feel comfortable, reaching.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
When will they be available

I stopped by the Honda dealer in Fremont, CA where I have a deposit on a CTX700D. The sale rep advised that they expect delivery on their first bike on June 22nd. He said California is slow receiving the new models because of the Smog Control standards? I will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I sat on one at my dealership and it fit well. I could flat foot and hit the brake pedal no problem. I am 5'5" with a 30" inseam. Gonna try and see if I can find a dealership towards Austin that I can test a DCT at, this weekend.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I sat on one at my dealership and it fit well. I could flat foot and hit the brake pedal no problem. I am 5'5" with a 30" inseam. Gonna try and see if I can find a dealership towards Austin that I can test a DCT at, this weekend.
Nice!

Let us know how the DCT works out to be. You left foot will be so bored :cool:

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
My foot may get bored but my hands won't be "Zombie Cramping" in stop & go traffic.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It looks like the CTXs are hitting the Southern States and East coast first. I'm guessing they ship to the east, and deliver going west. It could be awhile for those on the West Coast and Canada unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts