·
Registered
665 Posts
Reactions: Vulcan Mediator

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yes-if you just said I saw these landmarks from a Brooklyn point of view-however, I had an errand in Manhattan today so...Plus one that you can only see from N.J.
View attachment 87004 View attachment 87005 View attachment 87006
View attachment 86855
that's the 59th Street Bridge (AKA QUEENSBORO BRIDGE) COMPLETED IN 1909 IT HAS TWO DECKS THE LOWER CARRIES BIG RIGS ETC AND THERE'S A PEDESTRIAN/BICYCLE PATH ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE BRIDGE THAT ONCE UPON A TIME CARRIED MANHATTAN BOUND CARS View attachment 86855
Yes that's the 59th St. Bridge again from the Roosevelt Island bridge (technically part of Queens) an oil barge and a Con Ed plant aka Big Alice-looking north there's the Triboro and Hell Gate Bridges again (zoom in) in pandemic NYC

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice! However, who is going to quarantine those geese when they return to Canada?
😂 I couldn't believe how much they pooped around the reservoirs' shore! Was shuddering to think how much might be in the "Reservoir"! Good riddance to them when they go away. Our gift to Canada to poop in their lakes 😁

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Excerpt from The Ballad of Billy (Joel) The Kid-From a town known as Oyster Bay Long Island...There it is!
I bet it looks a bit different from Billy Joel's time, let along Billy the Kid.
Glad to see you are getting out and around. I'm enjoying my virtual tour of the NYC area as I try to look up your various travel destinations on maps. Looks like we are going to have a nice fall; happy riding.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I bet it looks a bit different from Billy Joel's time, let along Billy the Kid.
Glad to see you are getting out and around. I'm enjoying my virtual tour of the NYC area as I try to look up your various travel destinations on maps. Looks like we are going to have a nice fall; happy riding.
What do you know about Schitt's Creek, Canada?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts