CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes-if you just said I saw these landmarks from a Brooklyn point of view-however, I had an errand in Manhattan today so...Plus one that you can only see from N.J.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Parking lot in bottom of Mt Washington in New Hampshire
Getting ready to drive up to the top

One of the many pictures from the top.
Around 45F , and 40mph wind on top.
Beautiful day at the bottom.

Also went through Kancamaga highway - no pics, didn’t stop was in rush to get back to home.
Nice! The diversity of the landmarks are awesome!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The last photo is Grant's Tomb.
Thanks for the pictures and the virtual tour of NY city. I was in NYC only once when I was about 9 and my father was interviewing Angie Brooks, the president of the UN 24th general assembly. I got to sit in and then she had us as her guests in the assembly then at the delegates restaurent.

I was not familiar with General Grant's tomb before your picture. Sounds like a strong leader, both militarily and politically. A leader who wants to heal wounds and unite his country, representing all the citizens. We could use leaders like that in both our countries.

I had planned on posting some pictures when I rode through the Gatineau Hills yesterday. Unfortuantely, the roads were crowded so I never made it to Kingsmere, an estate established by, and left the the Canadian people by William Lyon MacKenzie King, our 10th PM. He was a bit eccentric, but a strong leader who would often find compromises that would work for most and not abuse his power or influence. Alas, he is often remembered for speaking with the spirit of his dead mother and his dead dog. While he did a lot of good, he was also a product of his times and I expect his character will be assassinated by some in the near future. One of his failings was the internment of many Canadians of Japanese ancestry during WW2. Of course, we have the benefit of over 80 years to reflect on this, and were, mostly, not around at the time when North America was attached from the far side of the world on December 7, 1941 with Pearl Harbor.

·
Registered
894 Posts
This year has sucked for me.... been slammed with work so my view has been white walls and project material.... Please continue to remind me what all I am missing. :D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
This year has sucked for me.... been slammed with work so my view has been white walls and project material.... Please continue to remind me what all I am missing. :D
Not to worry, not missing much.... rainstorms 24/7, with hail and calls for arks being built all over the world. The roads should dry up when you find a reduced workload.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It's above my pay-grade but if you added music to your video-meanwhile, I'm glad that Explore has work (with too many businesses closing)...

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's above my pay-grade but if you added music to your video-meanwhile, I'm glad that Explore has work (with too many businesses closing)...
It's a blessing and and curse being a gov contractor.... not affected by gov shut downs as I am technically employed by a private company but also exempt from most of the business shutdowns due to the required gov support....I am definitely in a niche market.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts