CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's the Throgg's Neck Bridge, one of 3 bridges that connects Queens to the Bronx from Great Neck, L.I., crossing Long Island Sound.
View attachment 86547
This is the Midtown East section of Manhattan from Long Island City Queens. You notice the East River, and beyond my seat obstructed by a tree is the U.N., the Chrysler Building, and a brown building that is actually a vent for the Queens Midtown Tunnel (to the left of the U.N.) and Tudor City behind it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the Midtown East section of Manhattan from Long Island City Queens. You notice the East River, and beyond my seat obstructed by a tree is the U.N., the Chrysler Building, and a brown building that is actually a vent for the Queens Midtown Tunnel (to the left of the U.N.) and Tudor City behind it. View attachment 86599
Here are two views from a pier in Red Hook Brooklyn
1 WORLD TRADE CENTER FROM RED HOOK BROOKLYN.jpg
LADY LIBERTY FROM RED HOOK BROOKLYN.jpg 1 WORLD TRADE CENTER FROM RED HOOK BROOKLYN.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Now that I have upgraded the suspension, I am starting to explore some of the bumpy back roads of the Sacramento River Delta. This morning, I headed over to Grand Island and rode along Steamboat Slough. The ferry is the J-Mack, which is cable-operated and takes you over to Ryer Island. It is one of two Caltrans ferries in the Delta, the other being the Real McCoy II, which runs between Ryer Island and Rio Vista. Just up the road is the Grand Island Mansion, which is a destination for Sunday brunches, weddings and other events.
86F22AFD-91D8-495A-8627-CBBA0236ED72.jpeg
FB2E7EF4-F8C1-4188-86CC-843983C3DF15.jpeg
7AD5FFDC-29F7-46BF-9D52-FF5404502206.jpeg

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I have upgraded the suspension, I am starting to explore some of the bumpy back roads of the Sacramento River Delta. This morning, I headed over to Grand Island and rode along Steamboat Slough. The ferry is the J-Mack, which is cable-operated and takes you over to Ryer Island. It is one of two Caltrans ferries in the Delta, the other being the Real McCoy II, which runs between Ryer Island and Rio Vista. Just up the road is the Grand Island Mansion, which is a destination for Sunday brunches, weddings and other events. View attachment 86656 View attachment 86661 View attachment 86662
LUV THE RED ACCENTS BTW-So first is a pic from Brooklyn-Dumbo (down, under. Manhattan Bridge, over-pass) The Manhattan Bridge carries commercial traffic, 4 subway lines and pedestrians. In the middle of the lower arch you can barely see the Empire State Bldg spire. About 1/2 mile away is the Brooklyn Bridge (cars and pedestrians only). In the lower right is a new glass enclosed carousel, and the WTC on the Manhattan side.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

that's the 59th Street Bridge (AKA QUEENSBORO BRIDGE) COMPLETED IN 1909 IT HAS TWO DECKS THE LOWER CARRIES BIG RIGS ETC AND THERE'S A PEDESTRIAN/BICYCLE PATH ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE BRIDGE THAT ONCE UPON A TIME CARRIED MANHATTAN BOUND CARS
59th Street Bridge (think simon and Garfunkle).jpg

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whitestone brdg.jpg Why would anyone leave Queens/Long Island for the U.S. mainland? Dunno, but here's a second option-the Whitestone Bridge-about 60 years older than the Throggs Neck (in the preceding photo) but not as old as the Triboro Brdge (complteted in 1916. BTW-if you look through the trees past the Triboro you'll see the arched Hell Gate bridge for an escape via Amtrack to all points north!

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
View attachment 86874 View attachment 86874 Why would anyone leave Queens/Long Island for the U.S. mainland? Dunno, but here's a second option-the Whitestone Bridge-about 60 years older than the Throggs Neck (in the preceding photo) but not as old as the Triboro Brdge (complteted in 1916. BTW-if you look through the trees past the Triboro you'll see the arched Hell Gate bridge for an escape via Amtrack to all points north!
The Hell Gate Amtrack Bridge made me think what the hell? This is some of the Queens Sunnyside rail yards where commuter rails including NJ Transit, Amtrack and the LIRR park, after morning runs to Penn Station and Grand Central Station.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice! Where are you? I don't have twisty roads through a pine forest in my photos-Thanks for sharing!
This was taken riding on the Great Western Divide Highway in California, camp Nelson area. Lots of super tight technical roads that will give you vertigo. You can cruise or knee drag or both. It’s an annual meet up and folks come all over (San Francisco, Sacramento and LA) If you haven’t ridden this area I highly recommend making a trip out.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts