CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been keeping a close eye on the Honda NC700 but since Honda has announced the CTX700 was bound to hit the road sometime in spring. Ever since then I got my mind mixed up whether I should pull the trigger on the NC700 or CTX700. I noticed their is a couple of models for the CTX700, does anybody know the differences between them? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
This will have to depend on which style you like more the Honda NC700 is more of a standard bike while the Honda CTX700 is more of a cruiser style bike. Surprisingly they share a lot of similarities though. Same frame slightly modified on the CTX700 for better riding position for the cruiser type style.

As for the variations of the Honda CTX700, They have the CTX700N which is the naked version with fewer fairing to suit the more raw aggressive look revealing more parts of the CTX700. And the CTX700D is the more new rider friendly model equipped with the auto DCT transmission and ABS system.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Hailstrom, just go with what your comfortable with riding. I got a chance to sit on both and found the NC700 a little higher but still has a comfortable riding position. Especially the handle bar height I'd have to say.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Honda CTX700 does have a slightly lower riding height, so its more of a laid back riding position compare to the NC700. If you get a chance just wait and sit on both to compare and possibly go for a test ride.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any difference besides the ABS and DCT transmission on the CTX700D from the base CTX700 variants? I mean like cosmetics or anything else.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Some one correct me if I am wrong but from what I see this is how it works

CTX700 (With full fairing)

or

CTX700N (naked non fairing version)

The D part means (Dual clutch auto Trans + ABS) which you can get on both versions. From what I have been reading so far you can not get one with out the other so if you want ABS you have to get the auto version. That may change though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Besides the obvious that was stated officially from Honda if you paid close attention Pretty much comes down to naked or full fairing and either of those with the abs bundle along with the DCT transmission or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts