CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems like a simple question, but Google has no answers.

Did the CTX700 become another bike? Was it simply discontinued?

It had the same look as a Kawasaki Vulcan, kind f low, comfy cruiser. Space for riding two-up.

And I don't see anything in Honda's lineup that looks anything like it now.

Anything similar?

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
552 Posts
Honda did stop making the CTX700 after (I think) 2017. We could argue about its closest replacement, I might say the NC750 and NC1100, which come with a DCT.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honda discontinued the ctx700.
The ctx700 shared many of the same components as the NC700; same engine, transmission (both manual and DCT) and shared the same frame (frame on ctx700 raked out for the cruiser posture). However, Honda did not replace the ctx700 with another cruiser is the same style.
Line Font Parallel Tail Triangle

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
310 Posts
2018 was the last year of production.

On a curious note look at this:

Comfort, Technology, and Experience
In the Honda CTX series, according to Honda marketing materials, CTX stands for "Comfort, Technology and Experience." The series includes the following models: CTX700/CTX700N/CTX700D and CTX1300.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
552 Posts
Considering the T in CTX stood for Technology, it always surprised me that the CTX1300 never came in a DCT model. When I first saw the 1300, I was THAT CLOSE to buying it; a DCT would've sealed the deal.

And it still surprises me that the DCTs don't come with shaft drives as standard, they seem like a perfect technology match.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2015 CTX700 probably fits me better than any of the other bikes I've owned over the last 45 years for the type of riding I do these days (an hour or two at a time). Plenty of power for someone my size (5'6", 160 lbs) and very comfortable riding position which might be a little cramped for someone over 6' tall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts