CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems like a simple question, but Google has no answers.

Did the CTX700 become another bike? Was it simply discontinued?

It had the same look as a Kawasaki Vulcan, kind f low, comfy cruiser. Space for riding two-up.

And I don't see anything in Honda's lineup that looks anything like it now.

Anything similar?

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
680 Posts
Honda did stop making the CTX700 after (I think) 2017. We could argue about its closest replacement, I might say the NC750 and NC1100, which come with a DCT.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honda discontinued the ctx700.
The ctx700 shared many of the same components as the NC700; same engine, transmission (both manual and DCT) and shared the same frame (frame on ctx700 raked out for the cruiser posture). However, Honda did not replace the ctx700 with another cruiser is the same style.
Line Font Parallel Tail Triangle

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
352 Posts
2018 was the last year of production.

On a curious note look at this:

Comfort, Technology, and Experience
In the Honda CTX series, according to Honda marketing materials, CTX stands for "Comfort, Technology and Experience." The series includes the following models: CTX700/CTX700N/CTX700D and CTX1300.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
680 Posts
Considering the T in CTX stood for Technology, it always surprised me that the CTX1300 never came in a DCT model. When I first saw the 1300, I was THAT CLOSE to buying it; a DCT would've sealed the deal.

And it still surprises me that the DCTs don't come with shaft drives as standard, they seem like a perfect technology match.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2015 CTX700 probably fits me better than any of the other bikes I've owned over the last 45 years for the type of riding I do these days (an hour or two at a time). Plenty of power for someone my size (5'6", 160 lbs) and very comfortable riding position which might be a little cramped for someone over 6' tall.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
680 Posts
Yeah, I'm 6'-almost-2", and at 190lbs the 700 has enough power for me (I don't ride it hard), but not quite enough legroom. But I scored a Corbin saddle a few months back, which fixes the leg length and makes it a perfect seating position. Is it the best fit I ever had? Maybe not (I really liked the stance of my Yamaha Virago 750), but I'm comfortable enough to ride all day long, so it works.

Reactions: Hutch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honda did stop making the CTX700 after (I think) 2017. We could argue about its closest replacement, I might say the NC750 and NC1100, which come with a DCT.
View attachment 89091
Yes -nc750x but sure not a comfy cruiser. I will keep my 2017 ctx till a new cruiser arrives in country. Right now the kaw vulcan S is my only other option for low riding comfort

·
Registered
943 Posts
Considering the T in CTX stood for Technology, it always surprised me that the CTX1300 never came in a DCT model. When I first saw the 1300, I was THAT CLOSE to buying it; a DCT would've sealed the deal.

And it still surprises me that the DCTs don't come with shaft drives as standard, they seem like a perfect technology match.
My husband had a CTX1300 for a couple of years. Naturally, he belonged to an owners' forum.

There was a plausible theory on that forum, saying that the CTX1300 was the beta version of the new-gen Goldwing -- which comes with a DCT, as you know. And shaft drive.

People posted numerous comparisons between the two bikes, and there were many similarities. So hubby concluded that he owned a new-gen Goldwing for a fraction of the price! :)

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I thought about checking out the NCs sometime (like, when my CTX dies--ahem--wears out). Well, hopefully I have plenty of time before that.
Right, I'm sure my CTX will last much longer than I can continue riding. It will be my last bike, and I'm glad it came out.(y) It doesn't get any better than this, for me...........
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
CTX N DCT
126 Posts
I have removed all identifying insignias from my CTX (and painted over the ones I couldn't remove). I kind of like that, as time goes on, my bike becomes more and more anonymous and people can't identify it. It's merely an archetypal, naked, black motorcycle from which the clutch handle is mysteriously missing. I love the way it looks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts