CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have these plus winter gloves and stay warm. The convection of the cold wind really chills hands quickly, so deflection with hand guards is critical IMHO.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very much thanks for sharing what you got. Revzilla has a lot of Handguards that don’t fit the ctx700 but do fit the NC700. Is our ride just so obsolete that they don’t list the ctx700 as fitment? The reason I ask is becuase I’ve heard that there are major similarities between the ctx700 and NC700.

·
Registered
216 Posts
very much thanks for sharing what you got. Revzilla has a lot of Handguards that don’t fit the ctx700 but do fit the NC700. Is our ride just so obsolete that they don’t list the ctx700 as fitment? The reason I ask is becuase I’ve heard that there are major similarities between the ctx700 and NC700.
Hand guards are generally sold for bikes that claim some off-road capability, adventure bikes like the NC700X included. Wind protection is an “off-label” use. Because the CTX700 and NC700X use the same handlebar controls, the only difference in hand guard fitment between the two is the length of the handlebar end weight, which is 5mm longer on the NC700X. The photo is of my CTX700, which happens to have an NC700X handlebar and end weights. It also has GIVI HP1111 Handguards (for NC700X). You can see that there is a spacer between the end weight and the hand guard. It would ideally be extended 5mm for use with the CTX end weight.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle Camera accessory

·
Registered
195 Posts
The bike came to me this way from the previous owner, but it has the Oxford heated grips. It also has the Barkbusters STORM handguards that appear to be a tight fit, but they are there. What makes them a little easier is they only attach on the main part of the bar and do not connect to the bar end. I really like both these additions and heck, I live in AZ.

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTX 700D
22 Posts
Just as title asks. What winter Heated grips/Hand guard combo are y’all rocking to protect from cold hands?
I too bought the cheap plastic handgaurds off e-bay. When I bought the bike used, seller gave me a pair of Oxford heated grips he wasn't able to install. I had to carefully cut off the ends of the grips because I replaced the bar end weights that he had removed and were missing. The thin plastic throttle sleeve on the bike (I don't know if it was the original) also had to be replaced to accommodate the tight fit of the Oxford grip. I used the G2 throttle tamer metal throttle sleeve and still had to lightly sand the inside of the grip to make it fit easily.
All done and the heated grips make my CTX 700 fell like a new bike now that winter is here. The handgaurds help but aren't perfect, but for less than $30 delivered I would buy them again.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I have these plus winter gloves and stay warm. The convection of the cold wind really chills hands quickly, so deflection with hand guards is critical IMHO.

Do those guards fit into the handlebar end and with a secondary point of support?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Secondary support - there is an upper metal tab that secures to the base of the rear view mirror stem. One you reposition the rear view mirror, just have to retighten the two opposing nuts when you are done.

See nick13's post:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just as title asks. What winter Heated grips/Hand guard combo are y’all rocking to protect from cold hands?
I installed barkbuster blizzards which I think are for snowmobiles but they work incredibly. I did have to cut a hole and add a grommet for the mirrors but I am extremely happy with the result.

Here is a thread with a couple of pictures.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have these installed:

Handguards:

Heated Grips:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts