CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title pretty much sums it all up. What do you plan on doing to your CTX or do you plan on leaving it stock?

I myself plan on leaving it mostly stock and putting "personal" touches on the bike that could be easily removed.

The two main things I plan on doing to my bike is adding some underglow lighting to it (thinking about orange since I have the black one) and possibly orange reflective tape to the rims.

Also if at all possible in the future I would like to put a slip on exhaust to make it a little bit louder (nothing too extreme) but other then that I'm very content with how my CTX700N looks :)

OH and a possibly small windscreen, I'm not to big of a fan of the full fairing model thats out.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Not that I ever will, but I think the bike would look better with a black pipe to totally de-chrome it. A little smaller diameter while I'm at it as well.

May get a luggage rack but only after the after markets come out if they're affordable, and then add a matching color Bestem top case.

Maybe a pig tail for a battery tender. I'll have to look in to that once I get the bike and what options I have for plugging in.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I plan on getting the brackets painted to match the red and maybe adding lighting effects.

Reactions: fjones

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I don't own one yet but would like to change the handle bars and mirrors......any recommendations.
and what type of bars would you like on your CTX.

Mirrors should be easy if they have the standard threads that Honda has used for years. although I am liking the shape of them as they are not square and not round.

The handle bars may be a little hard to find. They are one thickness where clamped and much smaller where the controls are. Anything is possible and can be hoped for.

ps: I have already added a windshield and removed all labels and 1 plastic panel so far on my naked version.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
What windshield did you add? Are you going to post any pics?

se the how to section. It is there under How to mount....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mini boards are going on this weekend. Why Honda makes a bike with a 28" seat height then put the pegs out there for a 32" inseam just leaves me wondering. Anyway going to use some passenger footrests from a GL1500 on brackets I made for mini running boards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got mine back in May and got the side bags added. I've never owned a motorcycle or been on one before so I removed them when the bike was delivered until I get a little more experience on it. They're alot more roomy than I thought they were going to be. Loving the bike overall!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking to put extra long front foot pegs or swing wings on to stretch out a bit and to accommodate my size 16 shoe size. Anybody have any suggestions on pegs or floorboards that will FIT the CTX700

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aside from putting some Honda wing emblems on the sides of the tank and a rear fender eliminator kit (whenever that comes available), I'm going to keep my 700N stock. Or so I say at this time-

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ordered the rear grips and rear carrier as part of my purchase agreement. The dealer will put them on for me.

I'm considering putting a Givi case on the rear carrier (but I'll probably just strap a duffle bag to the back).

I'd like to put a different exhaust on it and a windshield.

I'll probably put some reflective pinstripes on the wheels too.

I'm also adding a 12 volt outlet by using parts from Battery Tender. I can do it for $6 that way instead of paying almost $300 for the dealer to do it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had red LED's on my PCX. I didnt want to turn it in to a Peterbuilt so I used a very small amount and located them under the seat box above the rear tire. They illuminated well at night, enough to bring attention to a black scooter in darkness.

I planned on getting the white CTX700 stock. My fortunes turned as I found a deal on a white CTX700 with accessories for $8700.00 out the door. I dont know if I really want to mess with this one. It looks so clean to me the way it is. I may make use of the speaker grilles in the fairing. The holes are allready drilled for mounting so two bluetooth speakers combo'd with my I phone makes for an easy add on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have been having a ball. I have the DCT fairing model. I have the bags without the panels, rear carrier and back rest. I have powermadd star series hand guards and a Cee Bailey short screen. A cup holder on the handle bars and red reflective tape on the rims. I get a tank pad today. I will take a pic when I get that installed. I am pimping out my cats to pay for all this. Owning a motorcycle is very expensive!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have been having a ball. I have the DCT fairing model. I have the bags without the panels, rear carrier and back rest. I have powermadd star series hand guards and a Cee Bailey short screen. A cup holder on the handle bars and red reflective tape on the rims. I get a tank pad today. I will take a pic when I get that installed. I am pimping out my cats to pay for all this. Owning a motorcycle is very expensive!!
Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Well dagum. Postwoman just dropped off the mail and no tank pad so pics will have to wait til tomorrow

You cant trust the postal system. She might have it hidden in the truck and is just messing with you. If you catch them at it, they use the weather clause. I would keep an eye on her if I were you....;)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts