CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 980 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Purchased the Triumph fork protectors, P/N A9641005.
2. Washed her then waxed the painted surfaces.
3. Learned to like, then love the cannon on the side of her. Then chuckled at the people I blinded with the shine coming from the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Way to hot to ride! Watched boob tube and cleaned out the house of snacks getting fat. Since there's nothing left to eat, I'll ride this evening when things cool down and get some take out along the way. Excuses, excuses.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Spa day (wash) after our week long trip together

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Finally had time to mount the inner support/brackets/rear carrier from ProCaliber onto my 700N.

Since I didn't want to invest in side/top cases yet (yikes they are pricey) -- I recycled a 5.11 Wingman Patrol Bag I had. Laid it on it's back and used several heavy zip ties thru the MOLLE loops. Definitely not lockable, but enough of a pain to steal to make me feel better. Then used a net to secure the top (I'm overly precautious).

I like the look; flat so I can get my leg over the bike but know it can expand quite a bit if needed. Good solution for me...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I took my bike out for a ride this evening and dct quit working i onley have 2050 miles on it. Really sucks, i dont have a spare. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Put on another 145 miles while the weather is good. Ground the left peg down to the post it's mounted on (in?). Glad I bought a lot of spares. Also noticed it's getting darker early already. :-(

Reactions: fjones

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
200 mile round trip to the Tillamook Cheese factory (French vanilla) and Oregon coast today. Bought a cargo netting for the bike. Still waiting for the Triumph fork guards to show up. Butt is a little sore!

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sounds like a great ride! :)

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I inflated the rear tire again and stared at it longingly. New rear to replace to leaky one was originally scheduled for this coming Wednesday, then this past Saturday, and now Tuesday two days from now.

At the rate this rear lasted I'm going to buy a new front and rear in another two months and have them standing by.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I removed the Stebel horn and replaced it with the horns recommended by Shanghi Dan. I like that it is lower and not so close to my legs and helmet with a loud blast but it can be heard well by others in their cages.

Thanks Dan for sharing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My AirHawk seat cushion arrived today. So I installed it. Can't wait to test ride it. Had surgery on my toes for in-grown nails today, so that prevented me from test riding. But the wife and I rode about 70 miles yesterday. We both love the CTX.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Put 90 miles on the new rear tire!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Put on the Moto Centric tool bag, and a pair of Triumph fork protectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts
Had about a half tank of gas so I thought I would go fill it up. Seemed a shame to just put a half tank in so rode till the light was flashing and then rode another 35 miles to fill it up

1 - 20 of 980 Posts