CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious on just exactly how much the CTX700 weighs in at. This new CTX700 is based on the Honda NC700 platform. The Honda CTX700 is more a lower and longer cruiser style bike compared to the standard naked NC700, due to this fact I think the CTX700 might be heavier but I can't find out the exact just yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For the wight of the base 2014 Honda CTX700 is still not known at the moment but however they did say that the CTX700N will be 500lbs dry. The CTX700"N" will be the heavier sibling due to its extra features like ABS and Dual clutch transmission which adds more to the weight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think I will just stick with the plain CTX700 with the six speed transmission as I won't be needing the ABS and Dual clutch Tranny. I like the more raw feel of shifting. I don't know how the guys that buy the CTX700N version going to deal with out shifting. Just way to boring for me.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it really depends on the rider. the CTX700N will be more suit for the city rider. As we know just how annoying it can be getting stuck in traffic with a bike that weighs in at around 500lbs. Stop and start can be a pain in the arse even though some has gotten use to it, some might just opt to stick with an auto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts