CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Looking for an original seat for my 2014 CTX. Around Sarasota, FL.
Let me see what the wife wants to do with hers. Her Corbin is arriving this week. She has a 2015 model though...not sure if the seat is different. We are down in Fort Myers but headed up to Gainesville the day after Thanksgiving to see UF beat FSU! If she wants to get rid of it, we could drop it off, say at Fruitville and 75 on either Friday or Sunday. Would that work for you?

·
Registered
801 Posts
'14 seats vs later seats are the same seat pan. Only the foam/butt placement was changed. I believe '14s have you a touch further back... someone will chime in if I have it backwards.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If that one doesn't work out there is a 2015 seat currently on eBay. I've also seen them on Craigslist from time to time.

Go to one of the web sites that have the parts diagrams online (I use https://www.ronayers.com/) and check the part numbers on 2014 vs 2015 for this seat to see if they are the same. That is also a good way to check for any other parts / years to see if it will fit.

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
'14 seats vs later seats are the same seat pan. Only the foam/butt placement was changed. I believe '14s have you a touch further back... someone will chime in if I have it backwards.
No, you have it exactly correct. Der butt is further back on the 2014. :nerd:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cut out that plastic riser square on the seat pan and you can go as far back as you want. Just trim your foam to fit what you want and fasten a plate over the cut out portion. Swapped my 2017 seat for a 2014 seat , but the problem was the riser part of the seat pan. Took mine out on the 2014 and trimmed back foam and seat is perfect now. Saved the 2017 seat, if I ever want to sell bike and keep original.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seem to not get notices of responses from this site. Apologies to anyone I should have responded to. I'll try and see if I can correct this.

Still interested.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let me see what the wife wants to do with hers. Her Corbin is arriving this week. She has a 2015 model though...not sure if the seat is different. We are down in Fort Myers but headed up to Gainesville the day after Thanksgiving to see UF beat FSU! If she wants to get rid of it, we could drop it off, say at Fruitville and 75 on either Friday or Sunday. Would that work for you?
Apologies for the late response. I am still interested and should be able to make a short trip during the next week or so to meet, if the seat is available.

Thank you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Apologies for the late response. I am still interested and should be able to make a short trip during the next week or so to meet, if the seat is available.

Thank you.
It probably will be available. Here is the only issue. The Corbin arrived today but my wife left town today also. I'll see if she wants to make a decision without sitting on the new seat. I am going to Gainesville this weekend. My daughter blew a tire on her scooter and I am driving up to put some new shoes on (total PITA on a scooter by the way). I'd be leaving early Saturday morning and coming back in the evening. So, if she says yes, would Saturday work for you?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It probably will be available. Here is the only issue. The Corbin arrived today but my wife left town today also. I'll see if she wants to make a decision without sitting on the new seat. I am going to Gainesville this weekend. My daughter blew a tire on her scooter and I am driving up to put some new shoes on (total PITA on a scooter by the way). I'd be leaving early Saturday morning and coming back in the evening. So, if she says yes, would Saturday work for you?
Yes sir, that will be fine. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
It looks great, thank you. I'll look around to see what the going price is, as I have no idea.
JSYK, in the last 12 months, I had occasion to buy two different surplus CTX seats. One from an eBay salvage yard @$54 and one from a Forum member @$50. Both were bargains and both were plus shipping. More typically, stock CTX seats can go for twice what I paid. But for those not in a hurry, bargains can be had.
:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JSYK, in the last 12 months, I had occasion to buy two different surplus CTX seats. One from an eBay salvage yard @$54 and one from a Forum member @$50. Both were bargains and both were plus shipping. More typically, stock CTX seats can go for twice what I paid. But for those not in a hurry, bargains can be had.
:)
Much appreciated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts