CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
This is from Skene website:
My lights don't flicker anymore. How can I fix it?
It is likely that the conspicuity flicker was inadvertently turned off.

This can be turned on again as follows:

Photon Blaster - front system
The conspicuity flicker can quickly and easily be switched from on to off or from off to on.
To change modes:
1) turn the ignition on, then off 3 times, leaving it on for no longer than two seconds each time.
2) turn the ignition on again, the lights will now be in the alternate mode.
The operating mode is saved, and is only changed when the above process is followed.

P3 - rear system
Program mode 7 toggles the conspicuity flicker between on and off.
To change modes:
1) With the ignition on, tap and release the brake lever 4 times (each tap must be less than 1 second long and no more than 2 seconds apart)
2 ) Make sure to wait 5 or 6 seconds after you enter the 4 brake taps for the 4 flashes of the LEDs that indicate the controller has entered programming mode.
3) Within 2 seconds after the 4 flashes, tap and release the brake 7 times (each tap less than 1 second long and no more than 2 seconds apart)
4) Wait 5 or 6 seconds after you enter your mode selection brake taps for the controller to respond with 2 flashes before you activate the brake again to try out the new setting.
5) Activate the brake and see if the mode has changed.
Thanks! Will give that a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was starting to get nervous this Spring with inattentive automobile drivers making left turns in front of me. I decided to add some LED lighting front and back to try to improve visibility. Thanks to @explorecaves wiring harness, it was easy to tap into the switched power to add running lights. I added red LED bulbs to my Mutazu saddle bag light fixtures, and some Soyavision white LED lights to my recently added Fehling crash bars. The total package only added 1/3 Amp to the overall current drain. ( I fused the additions at 5 A) The lights are actually brighter than the pics show.

I'm happy with the new look, and we'll see if it makes me more visible on the roads. My wife says it does. Here are a few pics. The Soyavision lights are very inexpensive, so not sure how they'll hold up, but I can upgrade them if needed.

View attachment 86260 View attachment 86261 View attachment 86262 View attachment 87262
Hey professor I had an question where did you get the fuse block? I recently bought a givi V56nna top and got the E160 brake get for it. I want to find a similar block so I can safely hook up my additional lights and other mods

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey professor I had an question where did you get the fuse block? I recently bought a givi V56nna top and got the E160 brake get for it. I want to find a similar block so I can safely hook up my additional lights and other mods
Ready, I got the terminal strip, spade lugs, wire and the fuse from Amazon. There may be less than $20 worth of wire and equipment there. I'm an old electronic technician, so I've done this kind of wiring back in the 1960's. I'm sure there are more elegant and modern installations, but it works. Don't forget to get @explorecaves' wiring harness so you can easily tap into the power for your lights. Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Being a longtime commuter, I always add lights and 3M reflective tape, front, back and sides, to improve visibility. Of course, I still assume drivers are too distracted to notice me (or anyone else), and ride appropriately defensively at all times.

LED headlights and spots on my fork illuminate me from the front. Adding LED brake lights to my Givi topcase, plus putting 3M white reflective sheets behind the red lenses of the topcase, help in back.

I saw that you put lights in the fairing in front and was wondering if you had a link to think. I saw that and thought it looked so cool.. Below a took a snip of what I am talking about.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
461 Posts
Kimberlynn, that light above the headlight isn't actually a light; it's a thin strip of 3M reflective tape running along the edge of the fairing cap. With a light shining right on it from your point of view, it looks that bright. I like cutting strips and placing them along some of the lines of the bike, to highlight those lines and contours.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts