CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a another video review from a new owner.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I have noticed and this video shows that the motor is kind of tractor like at idle. Lots of stuff going around in there. At first I was concerned but not any more. Some noises change with the clutch pulled in and in gear at a stop sign. Once under way and up to 2k the motor seem very quiet. Putting around town at 3k or so there is almost not noise above the breeze or exhaust note (ps. ugly chrome stovepipe). All is good.

Reactions: KA8ZYZ

·
Registered
975 Posts
Lots of motors sound like tractors on t.v. or radio, so I'm not sure how much the recorded audio shows us other than the noise level. You should here my diesel on recorded audio. It makes an obsessive pinging noise that doesn't exist in real life.

Great video review though and good sound quality of the speaker, which is hard to find. On most videos, all one can hear is the wind noise at the microphone, but this one is good.

·
Registered
975 Posts
To iRoc...

You were questioning the newness of the CTX models in the video.

Just to be clear, it is very, very new. CTX will be a brand new line of motorcycles and this CTX700N is the first model, and America is the first market and America may be the only market for the CTX line, we'll just have to see. The CTX700 and CTX700N is so far being marketed to the U.S. only. You can't get more new than this bike, and that's why you're not finding any after market accessories yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So far I haven't found too many issues with the bike, I'm almost at the 600mile brake in (was hoping to have already had that but **** rain)

I will be making a follow up video once I get the 600 mile brake in check up done.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Iroc,
"haven't found Too Many issues" ? you mean you actually found something you wished was different.
Come on, spill the beans.... we're all ears...lol

Joking aside, if a dealer performs the 600 mile service I (and others I am sure) would be interested at what it costs if not done free. My dealer was ok with me doing it because he know I worked on other bikes he saw me ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Iroc,
"haven't found Too Many issues" ? you mean you actually found something you wished was different.
Come on, spill the beans.... we're all ears...lol

Joking aside, if a dealer performs the 600 mile service I (and others I am sure) would be interested at what it costs if not done free. My dealer was ok with me doing it because he know I worked on other bikes he saw me ride.
As issues I mean little things I would like to change, mostly minute aesthetic issues, I feel that the bike itself runs awesome (I just did a 200+ mile ride to Daytona and back this weekend) The BIGGEST issue I have with the CTX and its mostly opinion based is that the bike is way too quiet for my tastes. I'm not saying I want it to sound like a straight piped behemoth, but I do wish it was a little louder. I have been debating to see if I can fiddle with the baffles just to make it a bit louder.

As for going to the dealer for the first check-up my dealer told me it would run about $175 and change, which I don't feel is TOO bad. I pretty much plan on taking it in this week for the check-up make sure everything is running fine and doing the regular maintenance myself after. I will defiantly let you all know the toll on my wallet after all is said and done :)

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
In Concord, CA, the dealer will charge me 240 for the 600 mile service, which seems a little steep
other than engine oil and filter and looking over the bike for loose bolts and checking brake adjustments and clutch adjustment (basically what it says in the manual). NO VALVE adjustment is called for. 240.00 is outrageous.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts