CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a used 2015 CTX700 faired model 2 weeks ago for $3k from a private seller. The bike has 1100 miles on it and is pure stock with no addons ( I hope I can slowly add them over time). I’ve only ridden sport bikes all my life and the first 30mins on CTX felt really weird with forward pegs and still feels like I can’t trust the bike in the corners. But I am enjoying the relaxed riding position and can’t stop riding even in the cold 🙂 Just wanted to say Hi to all! Hoping to take this bike for many long drives in future and also use as a daily commute (save the CBR for fun ride Friday’s)

- Dev

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy your new toy!

The extra weight is low enough to vanish on clean dry roads, and the pegs scrape long before you're low on traction. It's a nice relaxing ride once you get used to the difference, and an excellent year-round commuter with 60 MPG in the city and tight, easy handling on thin roads and in parking lots. One good way to get used to it is to take it to the intermediate or advanced MSF course if you can find one this late in the year.

Know that on wet leaves or wet paint the weight can show up quick, and it also wiggles pretty easily in the snow too. (I take the van if there's any snow in the forecast, but we got surprised once.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Enjoy your new toy!

The extra weight is low enough to vanish on clean dry roads, and the pegs scrape long before you're low on traction. It's a nice relaxing ride once you get used to the difference, and an excellent year-round commuter with 60 MPG in the city and tight, easy handling on thin roads and in parking lots. One good way to get used to it is to take it to the intermediate or advanced MSF course if you can find one this late in the year.

Know that on wet leaves or wet paint the weight can show up quick, and it also wiggles pretty easily in the snow too. (I take the van if there's any snow in the forecast, but we got surprised once.)
Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, yes I am keeping the CBR repsol. Hopefully after years of fun rides, it still holds value as it is maintained in pristine condition 🙂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts