CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Naked
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow! I received my Utopia backrest and installed it perfectly in less than one hour.
What a pleasure as I’m 76, have bad knees, shoulders and arthritis. The product is very well made and has multiple adjustments. This item will certainly help with the long rides.
Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle door Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does it get in the way of mounting/dismounting the bike? I'm 71 and the long ride the other day really got to my back.

·
Registered
2014 Naked
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it get in the way of mounting/dismounting the bike? I'm 71 and the long ride the other day really got to my back.
The backrest automatically falls forward at rest allowing you to mount and dismount easily. There is a slight learning curve for the “leg swing” but easily overcome.

·
Registered
2014 Naked
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I rode 163 miles after installing my Utopia backrest and was so comfortable that I didn’t want to return home. Prior to that, after about 70 miles on the bike, I’d have to take a break. Couple that with my heated gear and I was in heaven in my naked CTX.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I rode 163 miles after installing my Utopia backrest and was so comfortable that I didn’t want to return home. Prior to that, after about 70 miles on the bike, I’d have to take a break. Couple that with my heated gear and I was in heaven in my naked CTX.
Hi Jazz, Thanks for all the info. I looked up Utopia Backrest but I didn't find a model for Honda CTX. What model did you use on your bike? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2014 Naked
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again. I will check it out.
Rode 116 miles yesterday. Very happy with the comfort. Between the backrest, cruise control, and floor boards, it’s a totally different ride.
RIDE; REST; REPEAT

·
Registered
331 Posts
Rode 116 miles yesterday. Very happy with the comfort. Between the backrest, cruise control, and floor boards, it’s a totally different ride.
RIDE; REST; REPEAT
I've got the cruise control and floor boards, I guess all I need now is the back rest. thanks again:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts