CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Red CTX 700 Naked is not getting much if any seat time since I bought my Triple in October. My wife says time for it to find a rider. It's got 3025 miles today Valentine's day. I have soft saddlebags, older windshield, cover and Honda's shop manual. Pegs have never scrapped the ground.

Asking $ 5800.00 which is a couple grand less than I paid for it when you add it up.

pm me if interested. thanks

bikebags2.jpg

·
Registered
842 Posts
Wow, Bill. Sweet looking. I bet you move it pretty quickly. If you were in AZ I just might get it for my wife...:cool:

Best of luck.

Ride Often, Ride Safe.
f

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2ron2ctx700t,
bags are discontinued Cortech models I think but were very popular so lots of them still around. There were purchased off Ebay last year and when I got them they had never been used and still had tags on them. Got em cheap cause no body likes the red I think.

do a search in the How To Section on Mounting Soft Saddlebags. The details are there.

·
Registered
975 Posts
hi bill, I like your soft saddles. do you mind sharing the brand/model seller and mounting?
2ron2ctx700t

The genius of Bill's saddles are the saddle stays that he engineered and mounted for cheap that you can't see in the picture. Like Bill has already stated, he's already posted a step-by-step instructions how to in the "how to section" of this forum. Lots of inexpensive after market choices on actual saddle bags once you get some stays mounted. If you can't find matching red, I would think any kind of flat black would look good.

Going with Honda stays/brackets cost big bucks, but Bill's stays seem pretty easy to build and mount; and work and look just as good once the bags are on there, because the stays are pretty much hidden.

I decided not to go the way of saddle bags or cases, because I mostly need to haul large, bulky items like jackets, other cold-weather/rain gear for work that I need to haul back and forth each day. For me, a very large top box was the best solution, even though it's not the best looking solution. But if I had gone the way of saddle bags, I would have set it up exactly per Bill's instruction that he has shared and then just shopped for the best saddle bags that suit what I wanted.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CTX was sold today. Went to someone who wanted it for a new rider. I wished them luck.

I will stick around some, not sure how long. It was nice meeting you all in some form or another through posts. I wish you all safe days on your bike and the best fun motorcycling you can possibly have.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Bill,

Congrats on selling your bike and thanks for all you have done here. I'm now I'm one of the newer members but I know how difficult it can be to run a site. I'm giving my site for the Silverwing to someone since I sold my Swing.

Take care,

Jeff

·
Registered
300 Posts
Bill,
Thanks for all the advice and counsel over the past year. I guess you will not stay a one-bike man for long! Anything else on the horizon?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bill,
Thanks for all the advice and counsel over the past year. I guess you will not stay a one-bike man for long! Anything else on the horizon?
Thanks, mandavdle. if history repeats itself, you are probably right. I just put the Madstad windshield on my FZ-09 and a set of soft bags. So I think I will ride it and just be on the lookout for an exceptionally low miles clean Honda that I can get for 1500 or less. Maybe a 650cx.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeffr, thanks. Being new you have lots to read and catch up.

I did not really run as it was not my forum. I was volunteered for it kind of. Mostly I just kind of visited lots of times and gave my so called humble opinion. Ok quite laughing everyone.....

Reactions: Ponydrvr

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Jeffr, thanks. Being new you have lots to read and catch up.

I did not really run as it was not my forum. I was volunteered for it kind of. Mostly I just kind of visited lots of times and gave my so called humble opinion. Ok quite laughing everyone.....
Humble but well regarded.

Stay well and ride safe!

Reactions: Billnoroville

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks CEETEEX, you contributed well to this forum and I think you will continue that when you have something to share. I hope the forum continues to grow with all the enthusiasm it has now.

Along with a new bike comes a new forum. Members can make OR break a forum and this one has done pretty well from my point of view.

keep the rubber side down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts