CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So today I went to discuss financing with my accountant about my CTX that I bought from my Honda dealer last month. And after looking over my paperwork we found out that my dealer screwed me when I bought my bike when it came to insurance and payments. After a long battle on the phone we came to the conclusion that for good financial reasons I should return the bike and start from square one. So unfortunately I am no longer a CTX700 owner. :(

But on the bright side my local Harley dealer was able to accommodate my needs and I am now the proud owner of a 2008 Harley Roaster.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
IROC, Harleys get a bad rap sometimes but they have succeeded in promoting motorcycles more than any other maker here in the states. You have dealers always having events and rides so join and see what it's all about. Not all Harley riders wear black leather jackets...lol but most do...

what model did you actually get. I was thinking I liked the 883 Iron for my riding.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the 2008 Sportster Roadster 1200, so far its a pretty awesome bike.

Now I need a leather vest :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
So today I went to discuss financing with my accountant about my CTX that I bought from my Honda dealer last month. And after looking over my paperwork we found out that my dealer screwed me when I bought my bike when it came to insurance and payments.
Sorry to hear about your problems, but just curious, how much were you monthly payments and over how many months were they spread?

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I got the 2008 Sportster Roadster 1200, so far its a pretty awesome bike.

Now I need a leather vest :p
I got a vest for you but you have to come and get it....lol

I had an 883R which is the same bike with smaller jugs and the small tank. The dual discs up front stop really well. The mid controls are nice but you can ad forward controls if you want more leg room (check Ebay). The 1200 has a lot more pickup for freeway usage than the 883 engine as I had a 2007 1200C. The R does sit higher then the Custom and offer better cornering clearance. If you ride in really hot climate get an oil cooler. Oil changes are easy but messy around the filter. I put a Narley oil cooler on mine and on 100 degree day it ran 205 degrees oil temp. Figured motor would last forever then.
Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was lucky on this Roadster the previous owner put a 4.5 Gallon tank on it, extended the pegs, AWESOME $450 seat, crash bars, and highway pegs, its a pretty darn good deal if I do say so myself.

But I will miss my CTX :(

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
if you don't see much but your shoulders with those short stem mirrors and don't want to spend big bucks for longer stem mirrors, swap sides and mount them down (Harley did that with a Iron model I think) I did that on my 883R too. That alloy front wheel black and polished is one of the best looking wheels in my mind.

I may strip the rim edge on my CTX with paint remover and polish it leaving the spokes black. I did that on my 88 Hawk and they looked great. Too much black on the CTX.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts