CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride mostly back and side roads. I ride aggressively. Had to replace rear tire at about 6,000 miles. Tire was completely worn out to left of center. About half gone to right of center. Anyone else experiencing this.
Dave

·
Registered
549 Posts
I would wonder if you are taking left curves more aggressive than the right ones. It is common that most bikers do feel more comfortable turning left than right. That would make the tire wear more on the left side. Wallacem in Ga

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
There does seem to be some problems with the Metzler rear tires. Some of us are not getting much mileage out of them before the cording is showing and it happens fast. One day nothing, the next it's there.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Agreed.
My vote is because the roads are crowned higher on the left for water run off.
I'm curious if folks from the countries that ride on the left side of the road have their tires wear on the right side of their tires.:confused:
left turns are longer than right turns. The difference adds up over the length of the wear on the tire. Makes left side wear more.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Tire pressure is the number 1 reason for rapid wear. If it isn't a matter of a defective tire, I would agree that the road crown may have something to do with it.

I don't know much about the CTX tires, but, Metzler tires generally are good tires. On my other bike I routinely get over 13,000 miles before the tire goes over the wear marker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts