CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I commented with:

I have the fairing version of the CTX700 and I'll give you that the exhaust does look out of place. That's why I replaced mine. But the rest of the bike looks great, it is well proportioned and functional. If you don't like the CTX, you must have hated the Pacifc Coast (PC800) with a passion because it too had a lot of bodywork. Fundamentally, there's nothing wrong with some body work. Not every motorcycle has to look like a bicycle on steroids you know.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
howdy, these seem like un-warrented personal opinions and i'm pretty sure i wouldn't like what the writer would design or like. i quite often have comments about how much people like how mine looks and that's even with the tail trunk on it.
i do agree that the tupperware makes it harder to do anything mechanical in the way of maintainance or repair.
ken

·
Registered
190 Posts
Its like ANY award show or politics or music, everyone has their OWN opinion!

I LIKE the looks of the CTX and the Vulcan S and the tolerate the new Rebels.

Hate the look of the Versys.

I usually dont look at or read or watch anything that has to do with -
The best of...
The top ten...
Voted the best of...

I just dont care what others think!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I personally like 'em all except the Versey, but I'm glad Victory made the bold, bombastic bike. There are a few of us out there that don't want some cookie cutter design.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'll freely admit, I wasn't excited by the looks of the CTX fared version but it checked a lot of critical boxes for me and I test rode it. Now I open up the shed and think, "Dang, she's pretty!" The author just disagrees...he has a right to be wrong.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I'll freely admit, I wasn't excited by the looks of the CTX fared version but it checked a lot of critical boxes for me and I test rode it. Now I open up the shed and think, "Dang, she's pretty!" The author just disagrees...he has a right to be wrong.
Same for me, Dave. I was excited to see the 14 come out and when I saw it was not that impressed. Walked away a bit disappointed. 2 years later I was rethinking what I was really looking for and there it was again. Somehow she started looking prettier than I remembered her. And I still feel the same.

·
Registered
423 Posts
For me the beauty you can’t see that sets it apart is the DCT transmission. It’s perfect for my riding location. I like most anything on two wheels and my favorite saying is ”I cant see it from where I sit”. The bike has a unique look to it as compared to others when you see one pass by. I don’t see many but I can spot one coming from far away. In case you have never seen it, this is the only advertisement I have ever seen for it.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I studied all the pictures in the linked article about the 5 Ugliest Bikes Of The 2010s. In my opinion they are all very attractive motorcycles.
I have a feeling that just like the regular sources of "fake news" that the motorcycling media makes up crap like this just to stir the pot and get noticed!
>:)>:)>:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I studied all the pictures in the linked article about the 5 Ugliest Bikes Of The 2010s. In my opinion they are all very attractive motorcycles.
I am with you! Every time I see a bike that I have not ridden I get big-eyed and gape jawed. Actually, this is my truth regarding most things with motors and tires. There is no cure.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a dream.... that one day everybody can ride whatever they want without having to hearing people judging looks. It's another rider on the road which I am happy about. Don't care what you ride.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a feeling that just like the regular sources of "fake news" that the motorcycling media makes up crap like this just to stir the pot and get noticed!
>:)>:)>:)
I now present to you as evidence of my "fake news" label cited above the following reference:

https://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/10-best-cruisers-under-10000/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email

The above article (written just two days later than the ugly moniker tome!) was now touting that the faired CTX700 was one of the ten best cruisers costing less than $10,000! Is this making "news" up, or what?

Oi!! >:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well in their defense they most likely do not write those articles.
They only post them.
AND you know they are not checking previous posts.

Its all about getting new stuff out there for the ads to run - Its ALL about the Benjamins!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts