CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Installing the OEM heated grips on the CTX faired version is actually pretty easy to do. The faired version comes standard with a switched heated grip plug in connector located under the fairing just behind the information center.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I've decided to forgo carrying extra fuel. I'm averaging 49+ mpg which equates to 190+ miles to dry. So I'm certain I can easily squeeze 170+ plus out of her if need be.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can you expand on the location of the switched plug under the fairing behind the info center? How do you access at? What fairings etc need to be removed? I installed my Oxford grips Tuesday - no problem with that as I have done other bikes before - but what a PITA threading the power cable from the battery to the front. I may use the existing plug for another purpose later. Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
Is the heated grip attachment kit required for the faired CTX-D or is that all built in ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
how do you like the Honda grips? I've had Oxfords in the past, and picked up a set for the CTX. However it's not easy to find a place to put the controller that is out of the way. The integrated looks pretty nice, just not sure it's worth the $200 price premium.
That what my experience also.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts