CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a used CTX700 and it came with a Corbin Standard seat #H-CTX-7.

Prior to purchase, I called Corbin tech and confirmed fitment based on 30" inseam - Corbin confirmed the standard was the right seat for me!

However, this doesn't work for me leaving me;

1. A tad on tippy toes at stops - it is ok for normal use, but on an oily or sandy path my safety margin is vastly reduced.
  2. The windshield height is based on the standard Honda seat which is 3" lower. Now I get wind on the top of my helmet.
The Honda (especially the 2014 version) seat seems to be fine for me.

Looking for a nearby owner, who will allow me to try out the Corbin Low seat #H-CTX-7-C. The Red bike pictured is the low seat (Note the bowl like dip in the driver's seat v. the flat no bowl profile of the standard seat on the black bike pictured).

Try out can be:
  1. letting me sit on the seat on their bike or transferred to my bike
  2. and optionally a short ride in the area if the fellow owner is comfortable allowing this.
Options I am considering are:
  1. Fall back to a Honda seat preferably a 2014 version which is a tad better for the taller rider v. the 2015 and later version. (Any owners have a extra seat lying around that they don't need? - As a referance, other posts show paying shipping costs +$0-20 in similar cases. The trick to managing the high ship cost is to keep it below the dimension weight limit of ~54" thereby being charged by weight rather than oversize dimensions)
  2. Swap the Corbin standard for the low seat - provided I have tried out the seat locally beforehand.
Thx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
For swapping here are pics of my Corbin standard seat.

It can be a 3-way, outright buy and then I can turn around and sell mine to another buyer.

My seat is in great condition and just needs a good cleaning. I just got the bike and am in the process of customizing and detailing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts