CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Tony, nice pics and shakedown of your bike setup. a few tweeks and you will get it where you want it. I wouldn't get an automatic for myself but would not bad mouth anyone who did like is was sort of an unmanly thing or real motorcycles don't have automatics.. bull. It's just a choice. Going down the road who can tell anyway.

Reactions: VFRrider

·
Registered
115 Posts
nice report! ping me if yer doin' any weekend peninsula runs and need another autobike sidekick! no guarantees i can get the time but it sounds fun. :-D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: dct vs. manual, Bill Noroville said:

> It's just a choice. Going down the road who can tell anyway.

Yeah, I thought about getting a second handlebar lever to put in place of the missing clutch lever so it would be *really* hard to tell. But, of course, that's silly. Besides, I still grab air in that spot occasionally when I get into certain situations and having a fake lever there wouldn't help.

On the mana there is actually a shift lever option for the left foot which I thought was interesting
I thought the manual version of the CTX shifted so nicely that an auto version was almost redundant. I could have spent more time on the decision, but especially because I have a passenger for so many of my rides, I don't regret getting the dct. I don't think of it as an automatic since I often just ignore that option.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer Castellan, I'll keep it in mind. Island riding is my favorite kind... actually any riding where there aren't cars is my favorite kind.

-th

·
Registered
842 Posts
tony,

Thanks so much for sharing. I too put a soft bag on my rear carrier. What are your saddlebags and how did you mount them?
f

1 - 7 of 7 Posts