CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trip odometer on my CTXND will not reset. It quit when I tried to reset on the third tank of gas, but started working again. It has quit again. the trip odometer still works and the button still cycles through the options from miles - trip A - trip B, but does not reset either trip meter when pressed and held.

I have tried pulling the battery cable off for 10 minutes to reset the system, but that did not help.

Any suggestions?

Have the dealer scheduled to look at it on Monday.

I've already had a disagreement with the service department when I told them that I need that bike back after the troubleshooting was done while waiting on the parts.

Thanks

·
Banned
463 Posts
To reset the mileage to zero on the trip A&B push and hold the right side button as noted by lalito77 above.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
The trip odometer on my CTXND will not reset. It quit when I tried to reset on the third tank of gas, but started working again. It has quit again. the trip odometer still works and the button still cycles through the options from miles - trip A - trip B, but does not reset either trip meter when pressed and held.

I have tried pulling the battery cable off for 10 minutes to reset the system, but that did not help.

Any suggestions?

Have the dealer scheduled to look at it on Monday.

I've already had a disagreement with the service department when I told them that I need that bike back after the troubleshooting was done while waiting on the parts.

Thanks
There are senders and the gage. no repairability on that type of gage I bet so Honda will just change out with a new one. The will have to program it for your mileage on the odometer so maybe that is why they want the bike there so they can match them if it is to be replaced. If a sender then there are a few. Check out all the functions of the gage by the book and maybe pinpoint what is not working before you take it in.

good luck. It it is a failure, so far does not seem to be model wide as this would be the first I have heard off. Now doesn't that make you feel lucky? ..not.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Read this:

trip odometer not resetting

and

Trip Odometer will NOT reset

this is a summary:

The left button does not reset the trip meter. To reset the trip meter you have to press and hold the Right button.

Just to throw another challenge into the function, Honda set it up so that if you press the left button first, then realize you need to press the right instead, you have to wait for a few seconds. Pressing the right button immediately after or simultaneously with the right puts you into the setup mode for instrument brightness, mph/kph, clock setting, etc

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I will give it a try. The right only cycled through the screen brightness and setting the time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been having the same problem with mine. Ceeteex was right. I tried reseting with left side first, and right 2nd. No good. I just walked outside and tried reseting with right side first and it properly reset to 0.0 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts