1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Congrats, Send_It ... got any pictures?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Congratulations! The AT is a great bike. Very versatile and tons of accessories available at reasonable prices. Curious if you are going to set it up for touring or some other configuration.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Brokered a deal on a new Africa Twin and trade of my CTX700N. Both bikes are exceptional but I can't help but feel sad letting go of my CTX. Maybe it's the 18k miles of memories I put on in the last two years?
Did you go with the DCT as well? How does it feel?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I enjoy my CTX, but dream of the Africa Twin. I'm 5'9" however, and can't imagine two more different riding experiences. Are you a tall person? If not, how are you handling the height of the AT?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Brokered a deal on a new Africa Twin and trade of my CTX700N. Both bikes are exceptional but I can't help but feel sad letting go of my CTX. Maybe it's the 18k miles of memories I put on in the last two years?
Lots of luck with the African Twin. 💛

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe you've got a bit a sadness just because the CTX700 gets a lot of things right. I've got both a CTX700 and a CMX1100 in my garage. I'm glad I didn't trade in my CTX, as I still can't get any of the accessories I bought back in February. My next trip will be on the CTX because it's ready to tour.

I really like some of the things the larger engine and newer electronics bring to the table, and gave a lot of thought to the AT, but don't much like the seat height. It's pretty cool to have that much power on tap. I hope the AT works out well for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts