CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CTX700N
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a Corbin low for my 2018 CTX. I have a used standard Corbin in excellent condition that I'm willing to trade. I bought my bike with the Corbin seat last year and it is just way to high for me. I bought a stock seat, but can't take long rides on it. Anyone looking to swap? Or buy the seat for $500 plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Good photos.(y) You "bought a stock seat, but can't take long rides on it"...just curious; are you aware that there is a noticeable difference between a '14 seat & later models? '15 & later has the rider "rise" more forward to accommodate shorter inseams, which does not "sit well":oops:, with me & others. (or vice versa). Like some, I acquired a 2014 seat for my 2015 model & like it a lot. (31" inseam) Just FYI. Best Wishes;)
Much discussion here on this, over time. So if you bought a '14 seat (14" from very front to the "rise") you may do well with a '15 seat.

·
Registered
2018 CTX700N
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good photos.(y) You "bought a stock seat, but can't take long rides on it"...just curious; are you aware that there is a noticeable difference between a '14 seat & later models? '15 & later has the rider "rise" more forward to accommodate shorter inseams, which does not "sit well":oops:, with me & others. (or vice versa). Like some, I acquired a 2014 seat for my 2015 model & like it a lot. (31" inseam) Just FYI. Best Wishes;)
Much discussion here on this, over time. So if you bought a '14 seat (14" from very front to the "rise") you may do well with a '15 seat.
Thanks so much, I was not aware of this. I bought a '14 seat for $75. I will definitely be taking a look at a '15 or later before I shell out the $600 bucks for the corbin low. Not sure on my inseam yet, but Im 5'1" and really light. So Im really looking to be flat foot and handle the weight of the bike without having to lower it. I really appreciate the information.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks so much, I was not aware of this. I bought a '14 seat for $75. I will definitely be taking a look at a '15 or later before I shell out the $600 bucks for the corbin low. Not sure on my inseam yet, but Im 5'1" and really light. So Im really looking to be flat foot and handle the weight of the bike without having to lower it. I really appreciate the information.
I bought a 2014 seat for my 2015. Gave me plenty of room.
Would sell the 2015 to you for 85.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pretty sure I'd like to swap with you. To be certain, I'd like you to take a few measurements for me, since I've never seen them side-by-side. That okay?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's a great help showing the '14/'15 stock seat change! Do you have one comparing the Corbin low/standard saddles, which is what I need for considering this swap?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
That's a great help showing the '14/'15 stock seat change! Do you have one comparing the Corbin low/standard saddles, which is what I need for considering this swap?
Low seat photos are in this post. Corbin Seat - Input Needed

You can compare to the stock photos on corbins website. (just FYI, corbin seats are one size fits most with the majority of complaints being too hard.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks l'm keeping my Low after all. I thought the Std would push me even closer to the seat, not put me farther away... But in checking the measurements I discovered that my backrest is missing the screw that will adjust the backrest pad forward. I'm going to put one in and maybe that'll get me where I want to be - able to rest my back while being forward a bit more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts