CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new CTX700 today (manual shift) and later noticed it didn't have a toolkit. I gave the dealer a call and they said it doesn't come with one. The owner's manual shows a toolkit included.

Did your CTX700 come with a toolkit (and for that matter a document bag)?

·
Registered
17 Posts
congrats and welcome!
The toolkit (what little there is) should be under the seat in a blue bag.
I did not receive a document bag, but from previous posts it is not much more than a zip-lock bag.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The "toolkit" is comical: a dual-end snap-fit screwdriver, a "document" bag [think Dollar Store "zip" bag], and a plastic tube-wrapped double-looped helmet cable. I'd rather have the $50 +/- that Honda tacked on to the MSRP. LOL.
:)
f

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
The tool kit is a joke. The document bag is the one that your owners manual came in.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I bought a 1988 Super Magna used with original tool kit. Amazing how many tools are in the bag. The CTX is laughable. Shame on Honda but what are going to do?

You just got to add your own. Lucky there are plenty of used wrenches at flee markets and garage sales for cheap.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses. Granted, the toolkit is a joke but I need the helmet thingy so it is back to dealer with the toolkit confirmations that all of you kindly provided. Thanks again!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Armed with your information and a picture elsewhere on this site, the dealer conceded the error and placed an order for a complete 12 piece toolkit at their expense. I told them I didn't need all that but they insisted. Thanks again to all of you for helping out!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I was looking through the westernhonda.com web site that shows all the parts on my bike CTX700ND (DCT). They show this tool kit:

Low Prices Honda Motorcycles ATVs Honda Motorcycle Dealers Phoenix

I didn't get all that... I only got the screw driver and the "helmet lock." Were we supposed to get all the items shown in that diagram?

you got what 99.9 percent of us got, screw driver and helmet lock.
Take your diagram to you dealer and complain. They may help or show you the door.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I feel pretty lucky then because in addition to the screwdriver and helmet lock cable I received a fuse puller also.

Probably worth about a nickel.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The dealer got back to me and said...

"What you get in the tool kit is what Honda gives you. There are other tools available but are not included with the bike. A lot of bikes are like this. The parts fiche shows all tools available but they don’t all come with bike. Some bikes only come with helmet strap no tools at all. "

So I guess we are lucky to have gotten a screw driver! ;)

I think Honda was originally going to include all those tools in the parts fische with the bike, but they cut them out to keep the cost down.

I'll get a metric CruzTools Kit for my bike. I just have to decide if I wan the $15 "swiss army knife version" or the full kit for $85.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Seat

Anyone know how to raise the seat on the CTX700 DCT? I put the key in under the seat and turned it, but the seat won't come up. Do I need to add a little force to it? Just got the bike home yesterday and was trying to get to the owner's manual.

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
The seat release mechanism is not the best engineered and is a little fidgety on my bike. Since you can't get to the manual, the manual states on pg. 67:

1. Insert key, turn clockwise
2. Pull the seat back and up

It still takes me a little finagling to get it right.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The seat release mechanism is not the best engineered and is a little fidgety on my bike. Since you can't get to the manual, the manual states on pg. 67:

1. Insert key, turn clockwise
2. Pull the seat back and up

It still takes me a little finagling to get it right.
Thanks for the info, that worked. Then I had to work to get the seat back on. You're right, the seat opening and closing is not the best engineered thing on this bike. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
It took me a while to get the hang of taking seat off and putting it back on. Once you see the 2 bracekts under the seat that have to slide under the bracket on the bike, then it's a lot easier. Look at the bottom of the seat when you go to put it on and you'll see where they have to engage.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It loosens up after a while and goes on/off easier.

It goes like this for me: turn key-lift back of seat--release key to get both hands on seat; keep lifted and wiggle pulling backwards. Don't need the key to put it back on but I always have to look for the hooks.

Where's the key??? Lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts