CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed 4 labels from the left side as I find them irritating to say the least.

I like them removed. It is a much cleaner look. I did save them by applying them right after removing to the flat areas of plastic that lies under the seat. So technically they are still on the bike. The glue left where they were, came off with goo gone. 4LABELS GONE.jpg

Reactions: VFRrider

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yes. I agree. Labels and/or stickers are annoying. The manufacturers take pains to give the bodies a silky-smooth look, and then ruin all that silky looks with labels and stickers.

Yours looks good now!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took mine off too. I wish the VIN label wasn't so big. I'd like to get rid of that too.
That one I left on due to making it easier to check vin numbers by who knows.

I just covered it with some black non shiny fabric tape. Works well. I don't know if the glue will hurt it over time but don't really care. Time will tell.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That one I left on due to making it easier to check vin numbers by who knows.

I just covered it with some black non shiny fabric tape. Works well. I don't know if the glue will hurt it over time but don't really care. Time will tell.

Good idea. Where did you get the shiny black tape? What kind?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Waxing

I took all of the "warning" labels off before it left the dealership. When I got home, I applied a little carnuba wax to the areas and all of the goo was gone!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I took them all off as well, but they shredded upon removal. I figure the VIN is on my insurance card, so who cares. They (whoever) can try to hunt for the one stamped on the steering if they want to see it bad enough.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 13 of 13 Posts