CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always like to keep extra parts on hand.

Today I was doing a standard oil + 2 filter change. After pulling the DCT filter cap off I noticed the gasket was pinched at the top and flat like a pancake.

If I hadn't ordered extras and had them on hand. I'd be grounded for a week or two, but because I keep several in a box it was a 2 second replacement job.

On hand right now I have extra tires, a chain, brake pads, gaskets, seals, spark plugs, crush washers, bearings, fluids (oil, coolant, brake, fork oil) and filters. Because I have two kids I don't have a lot of time to mess around. When it's time to replace something I need to get to it and get it done.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ditto on having backup regular maintenance parts on hand. Having the fluids, filters and gaskets like the coolant drain bolt gasket on hand is well worth the investment. Revzilla is advertising 20% off OEM parts for the next 3 days. Honda oil filters are $10.18 and DCT filters $7.95. I am going to stock up to $40.00 to get the free shipping. I would also recommend looking at the tools needed to remove the wheels in the field. I particularly like the eye wrenches. They fit perfectly without removing the muffler cone and are very compact and relatively inexpensive. I am going to order the #6 wrench box (p16). Hopefully it fits the front axle to remove the front wheel. When you click on the part it reveals the discount.
Shop 2014 Honda CTX700N DCT TOOLS OEM Parts Diagram - RevZilla

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ditto on having backup regular maintenance parts on hand. Having the fluids, filters and gaskets like the coolant drain bolt gasket on hand is well worth the investment. Revzilla is advertising 20% off OEM parts for the next 3 days. Honda oil filters are $10.18 and DCT filters $7.95. I am going to stock up to $40.00 to get the free shipping. I would also recommend looking at the tools needed to remove the wheels in the field. I particularly like the eye wrenches. They fit perfectly without removing the muffler cone and are very compact and relatively inexpensive. I am going to order the #6 wrench box (p16). Hopefully it fits the front axle to remove the front wheel. When you click on the part it reveals the discount.
Shop 2014 Honda CTX700N DCT TOOLS OEM Parts Diagram - RevZilla
Thanks for this info.

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
JFC, before his passing, told me to stock up on parts if I intended to keep my CTX. Even if manufacturers are required to produce parts, the likelihood that your local dealer will have them is slim to none. Get what you can, before they become "collectors items" with the associated increase in price.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I keep a pack of crush copper washers on hand. That's about it. Also have a variety of oil chemical resistant o rings. Pick them up at Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've been doing that for many years, buying parts online and keeping extra parts, oil on hand for future maintenance. Also extra nuts, bolts, gaskets and o-rings in areas where parts have to be removed. Never had any bike down time by doing these preventive things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts