CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was out in North Georgia at Two Wheels of Suches last weekend and met the Man, the Myth, the LEGEND of the CTX700 forums, Rebel13 in the flesh!

Here is the covid-19 social distancing safe photo I took with him. I wanted to give him a big hug! Someday, when all this is OVER!

Rebel13 and RedBaronRider at Two Wheels of Suches. He's even wearing his namesake on his jacket!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, I fat-fingered the filename, but it is the right photo!

Registered
Nice!

I gotta chime in here as I haven't heard from Red Baron Rider in ages!

For those that don't know, back in the summer of 2015, while riding in a group up at HVR in Georgia, we all stopped for some gas. (I was riding my VTX 1300) Here's this lady on a "weird looking" motorcycle. One of the pack started talking with her and she was explaining what that thing was, a Honda CTX 700!

Turns out I met Red Baron Rider before I even knew what a CTX was! A few months later, I was a CTX owner!

Great meet-up and pic! Glad to see you posting up again. Still riding the "Red"?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
@Devilsfan, yes, I still have Scarlett and I am just back from an EPIC motorcycle vacation (March 8 - 24, 2020) on the Island of Maui.

When I got back, I had a couple of good rides in N GA. For one, I had a SCREAMING fast run up Blood Mountain, complete with sparks (from dragging my kickstand), and I battered the tailpipe on the right (front and back of it).

If you want to see what a CTX700 can do, feel free to visit my public RedBaronRider Facebook page. I don't have the spare time to post in 2 sites, so I put everything on the public FB page.

And here is a link to a video where a race car driver was behind me on Blood Mountain (April 2020). My part starts 4 minutes in. It is CRAZY how a CTX700 performs in the turns!

Reactions: Evangelos k

Registered
@Devilsfan, yes, I still have Scarlett and I am just back from an EPIC motorcycle vacation (March 8 - 24, 2020) on the Island of Maui.

When I got back, I had a couple of good rides in N GA. For one, I had a SCREAMING fast run up Blood Mountain, complete with sparks (from dragging my kickstand), and I battered the tailpipe on the right (front and back of it).

If you want to see what a CTX700 can do, feel free to visit my public RedBaronRider Facebook page. I don't have the spare time to post in 2 sites, so I put everything on the public FB page.

And here is a link to a video where a race car driver was behind me on Blood Mountain (April 2020). My part starts 4 minutes in. It is CRAZY how a CTX700 performs in the turns!

You are rocking it! Get a supersport, and you will have a mega-BLAST on the street and track!

Super Moderator
That would be me! I have also meet Devilsfan in Daytona a few years back. The one in yellow was my friend that I was riding with. We rode 542 miles that day and I sprung a leak in my rear tire at some point as well. Some photos of our day:

I ride everywhere whenever I get the chance, you never know where I may pop up next.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts