CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ju
st like a little kid at Christmas I finally got it......the CTX.
Had it trucked to my house since my wife is away.

They also brought all the accessories I ordered, almost.
Missing was the saddlebag stays, somehow I missed putting it on my final list.

After a short ride I knew the OEM short shield was not getting it. Even though I have a Cee Bailey on order I installed the tall Honda shield.
If not for the installation writeup from Cobraguy I'd still be looking for the proper fasteners to undue.Thanks Cobraguy.

I did install the rear rack and backrest this AM.....woke up at 5 AM and knew there was no more sleeping today.
I will have to pull it off to slip the saddlebag holder underneath but no problem.

Put about 100 miles on it. Was more than pleased at the performance and handling. The Honda tall screen isn't too bad until you get over 50mph, then a LOT of wind. Must be old age......could never figure out the sadists that ride without windshields, helmets, only sun glasses.

Looking forward to the Cee Bailey. I agree with those who said it needs a wider, higher windscreen.

Been a while since I had a bike without automatic turn signal cancelers. Found the signals on long after they should have been turned off. Just takes some muscle memory to adapt.
Also found the grips a little small in diameter. Picked up some foam covers and that should remedy the problem.

Again and this time for sure.....this'll be the last bike I buy.
I think it's great for what I will use it for.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Are you so sure there will be no more candy from the candy store. You never know when some bike will get you..

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
by looking at the picture you got lots of work done. Just the bags left. good job, great color. Enjoy the new ride.

yep, the non-cancelling turn signals are a pain.

·
Premium Member
6,250 Posts
Congrats on the bike! I still have a looong wait before I get mine. :( When you get the winshield, since you got the honda tall too, can you take a pic of them side by side for a comparison while you swap them out? Thanks, I would like to see the difference in looks and useability.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll tell you the Honda unit is great and make you an offer you can't refuse.
Only problem with windshields is looks are kind of meaningless, unless they are downright ugly. It's how they feel on the road.
I will take some pics though.

Reactions: Rebel13

·
Premium Member
6,250 Posts
Thanks. I have had many cruisers without winshields, just half helmet and glasses used. I love it except when it gets too cold out. The ctx will be my first with a proper winshield and I only want to buy the right one the first time. Most bikes and sheilds do not belong together to me, but the honda tall on the bike looks like it belongs on the bike. The tall has alot of bad reviews and if I don't use that one, I want something that works better and still look like it belongs.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Yea, thats what I said ... my last bike. lol
I am also eyeing the Cee Bailey w/s and waiting to see what Madstad does.
I will sell the Honda tall screen when I get my new one.

·
Registered
975 Posts
To Wheels and others with the fairing model...

Madstad just made a wind screen available today for the fairing model. You can check it out at their website from the link below and decide between it and Cee Bailey or just keep waiting for other after markets they may come along, but as of today, we have three model-specific choices: OEM, Cee Bailey, and Madstad.

CTX700D

You can track what everyone is having to say about them...We already have a customer review of the Cee Bailey with good pictures at the following thread for fairing model owners only...

http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/ct...3778-windscreens-fairing-model-options-4.html

·
Registered
59 Posts
last one

this may be a little off topic but I ran across a company in the North West called "Procaliber" and they have got killer prices on CTX accessories check em out.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
last one

Nothing yet,but if you go to Honda accessories and enter the bag part number you get a price of 443.96 and so on with the rest of the parts that make up the saddle bag system for a price of 670.08.....I ran it two or three time cause I was a bit surprised by this price as well as free shipping...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts