CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past I have never tried riding an automatic bike except for an atv which was a Honda TRX500 Rubicon with a hondamatic tranny. The thing felt like a lawn mower, no worries of shifting just focus on riding. My main concern is since the New 2013 Honda CTX700ND will be coming with an automatic transmission would it get boring after a while. I really dont want to be stuck with that. Does anyone have experience with riding an auto bike?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been riding a 400CC Burgman touring scooter for 4 years. I've put 14K on my bike. I started riding when I was 53. For me, my bike is mostly a practical, economical ride, so I might not be the best guy to ask. I enjoy not having to worry about what gear I"m in, especially in traffic.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well one thing that is already different is how to shift with the dual clutch on the CTX700. They designed it so you will be shifting with two thumb buttons on the right side. So off the bat everything is much more accessible, everything is right there in reach. And not to mention the full automatic mode just shifts for you so you can focus your mind and eyes on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts